Audit Manager - Birmingham, AL (9658) Job Opening
Audit Manager - Birmingham, AL (9658)
APRIO• Birmingham, Alabama
Join our Audit team and you will help clients maximize their opportunities. Aprio has a career opportunity for a Manager to join their dynamic team in our Birmingham, Alabama office.
Submerge yourself with creative innovators striving for excellence. APRIO is the 50th largest CPA firm in the nation and has been named the “Best of the Best” accounting and forensic accounting firm in 2015 by INSIDE Public Accounting and the Daily Report, and was recently named one of the Top Places to Work for in Atlanta by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Whether it is adding to our 25 different spoken languages or sharing your expertise in 1 of our 8 industry specialties, you have priceless experiences and skills to drive our company’s growth and success. APRIO wants you to define our brand positioning, contribute to industry leading innovation, and help our clients thrive.
For private and closely-held companies, precise financial statements provide the accurate information needed to effectively manage successful business relationships. Taking this simple step minimizes risk and provides peace of mind to key lenders and stakeholders. Our assurance advisors offer specialized and personalized audit expertise that gives you and your stakeholders the confidence and financial insight needed to make sound business decisions. As a registered member of the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB), we adhere to the highest professional standards and provide a full range of assurance services. We focus on building trusted relationships, clear communication and efficiency throughout the audit process, making the audit experience effortless so you can focus on what’s next.
- Conducting multiple auditing projects and client engagements
- Effectively communicating with partners, staff and clients regarding expectations, status of engagements and other matters
- Initiating an active role in marketing our firm services resulting in new business
- Continuously fostering relationships with coworkers and clients
- Ability to manage engagements from start to finish
- 4 year bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Master’s degree preferred
- Licensed CPA
- 5+ years of experience working for an accounting firm
- Energetically managing, coaching, and developing staff accountants
Why work for Aprio?
At Aprio, we are passionate about helping our clients and our associates achieve what’s next. We are a premier CPA-led business advisory firm where thriving associates serve thriving clients. Whether you are just starting out, looking to advance into management, or searching for your next leadership role, Aprio offers the opportunity to join a winning team. At Aprio, you will work with industry-leading clients and collaborative and caring colleagues. We offer an entrepreneurial environment where our people come first, your ideas matter and you are rewarded with competitive compensation, industry-leading benefits and work life balance.
Some of the perks/benefits we offer:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance on the first day of employment
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401k with Profit Sharing
- Generous Paid Time Off structure
- Parental Leave – coverage for both spouses
- Summer Hours/Flextime
- Tuition Assistance Program and CPA support program with cash incentive upon completion
- “Dress your Day” – jeans casual to business professional depending on your day
- Discretionary incentive compensation based on firm, group and individual performance
- Incentive compensation related to origination of new client sales
Aprio is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; religion; national origin; sex; pregnancy; sexual orientation; gender identity and/or expression; age; disability; genetic information, citizenship status; military service obligations or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.