Controller Job Opening
InterWorks, Inc.• Stillwater, Oklahoma
As an experienced finance professional, you know how crucial accounting is to a business. In fact, you know that the accounting team are often the unsung heroes. Diligence, attention to detail, responsibility – these come standard in a role like yours. We recognize the brilliance it takes to keep the books spotless, which is why we're seeking the best of the best to join the InterWorks team as our Controller.
Put simply, the Controller is responsible for managing the day-to-day functionality of InterWorks' global finance and accounting. This role undertakes all aspects of financial management, fiscal administration, compliance and delivery, both internally and externally. With teams and clients spread throughout the U.S., Europe, Australia and Asia, this position truly does coordinate finance on the world stage, so come ready to solve unique and varied challenges.
We know that accounting folks appreciate a good asset, and your strongest asset at InterWorks will be the wonderfully talented team of professionals working by your side. Together, you'll do much more than just keeping the lights on, you'll chart the path and policies needed to keep our business thriving while maintaining the highest levels of financial responsibility. Because this is such a high-impact position, you'll report directly to the CEO.
- Implementation of accounting practices, including oversight of monthly/yearly close
- Invoicing, accounts payable and receivable
- Local, multi-state and federal government reporting requirements and tax filing
- Revenue recognition
- All general ledger entries
- Development and maintenance of all policies and processes related to accounting operations, impacting multi-level organizational units
- Assists with a variety of external and internal audits.
- Supervision of accounting team
- Works closely with General Counsel, HR Director, Operations and all members of leadership team
Experience and Skills:
- CPA preferred
- Experience using QuickBooks, Excel and other related accounting platforms
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Analytical and project management skills
- Familiarity with global accounting practices
- Multi-state sales tax
- 1099 preparation
- Managing AP and AR functions
- Maintaining internal controls
- Ability to motivate, influence and advise executive decision-making
InterWorks is a people-focused tech consultancy delivering premier service and expertise. For over 20 years, we've empowered clients around the globe by combining the right mix of people, knowledge, and partners into solutions that propel their businesses forward. This comprehensive, client-centric approach has helped us forge strong relationships with Fortune 500 companies and small businesses alike. From foundation to vision and every step in-between, we're committed to helping others get further, faster with their IT and data strategy.