Lead Financial Analyst – Financial Planning and Analysis Job Opening
Lead Financial Analyst – Financial Planning and Analysis
Verizon• Basking Ridge, New Jersey
What you’ll be doing...
The Finance Organization
At Verizon, we are building a world-class Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) organization. We have begun a comprehensive program to streamline processes, enhance systems, realign the organization and add opportunities for personal skill-building and professional growth. We’re finding new ways to add value and provide strategic support. This is the kind of work we do. We want to build leading FP&A practices within Verizon, setting the stage to become the place any FP&A professional wants to work. You can become a catalyst for change.
As part of our Network and Technology Consolidation team you will:
- Prepare consolidated financial results deliverables including; monthly and quarterly expense and capital results, budget updates, and annual business plans.
- Interpret and evaluate monthly analyses of business trends, including budget variance of financial results and Key Performance Indicators.
- Support the design, development and implementation of methods and strategies to continually improve and streamline processes across the organization.
- Drive efficiencies through cross organizational initiatives including workflow standardization.
- Present and communicate to all levels of the business.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or related field or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
Even better if you have:
- Master's degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or Economics.
- Project management experience.
- Demonstrated strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in the technology and/or telecommunications industry.
- A professional certification (e.g. CPA, CMA).
- Strong strategic skills, with the proven ability to identify and assess key points, implications and recommendations.
- An understanding of corporate financial planning, reporting & analysis, and costing/profitability methodologies and processes.
- Demonstrated in depth understanding of common business and cost drivers, financial statement analysis, and deep-dive analysis.
- Knowledge of FASB and SEC requirements, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, tax reporting and accounting practices and International Financial Reporting.
- Demonstrated experience in continuous improvement initiatives, root cause analysis and project management.
- Proficiency in Essbase, Smart View, Hyperion Planning, and Hyperion Strategic Finance.
- Experience leading large and complex team projects independently.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.