Accounts Payable Clerk Job Opening
Accounts Payable Clerk
Pet Food Experts Inc• Pawtucket, Rhode Island
Pet Food Experts is growing! As the leading distributor of pet food and supplies to independent retailers, we value strong, long-lasting relationships with our customers and vendors. Our Accounting Department is an integral part of this goal.
Pet Food Experts is a proud recipient of the Best Places to Work award for 2010, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016 & 2017! We offer excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, PTO, 401K and more!
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5:00pm
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Responsible for confirming that all invoices contain approval signatures from management
- Perform daily check processing and communication to the appropriate financial institutions
- Retrieve electronic product invoicing and coordinate for timely payment processing
- Assist warehouses with timely invoice information
- Prepare vouchers according to data received from Inventory Department
- Respond to freight and invoice requests from warehouses
- Scan and review documents for accuracy and to ensure completion for reconciliation requests and audits
- Reconcile vendor statements.
- Prior experience in Accounts Payable or Accounting
- An eye for detail and accuracy is imperative
- Experience in the Accounting field, preferred
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to collaborate with a team as well as work independently
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Basic math skills
- Strong computer skills, Google Suite preferred
If you have the qualifications and enthusiasm to join our Home Office Team, please apply for this position by clicking "Complete an Application", below or visit www.petfoodexperts.com and visit our Careers page.
We are not able to speak to all applicants personally, however, if we would like to reach you, we will contact you directly. Thank you for your interest!