Associate Athletic Director-Compliance - Alabama A&M University Job Opening
Associate Athletic Director-Compliance - Alabama A&M University
Alabama A&M University• Normal, Alabama
- Abides by and enforces NCAA and SWAC compliance rules and regulations.
- Provides NCAA and SWAC compliance rules and University rules and regulations education to coaches and staff.
- Conducts seminars and meetings and provides written communication dealing with NCAA rules and interpretations.
- Tracks, compiles, circulates and explains any new NCAA legislation to coaches and departmental staff members.
- Institutes procedures to use when requesting NCAA rules interpretations.
- Researches questions and provides answers to coaches and staff on how rules are applied.
- Develops and implements a program to inform members of outside athletic support groups of NCAA rules and regulations which affect them.
- Reviews Departmental financial aid procedures and certification of eligibility procedures to ensure compliance in those areas.
- Performs compliance audits of all sports and relevant activities (e.g. summer camps, awards, student-athlete employment, and complimentary tickets) in the athletic programs on a routine basis.
- Processes NCAA Waivers regarding eligibility and incidentals.
- Works closely with Recruiting Staff to organize departmental recruiting efforts.
- Monitors and reviews all recruiting activities for adherence to legislative guidelines.
- Coordinates meetings and activities dealing with student athletes and professional agents.
- Develops departmental policies and procedures for interfacing with professional sports agents and oversees activities for adherence to legislative guidelines.
- Oversees the compliance staff.
- Master's degree
- At least five (5) years of compliance experience
- Knowledge of NCAA preferred
CLOSING DATE: Open Until Until Filled
Alabama A&M University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Alabama A&M University encourages applications for employment from persons who are members of groups that have been underrepresented based on race, color, national origin, gender, age, or disability.