Billing Specialist - Patient Finacial Services Job Opening
Billing Specialist - Patient Finacial Services
Carson-Tahoe Regional Healthcare• Carson City, Nevada
About Carson Tahoe Health
Carson Tahoe Health (CTH) is a not-for-profit healthcare system with 240 licensed acute care beds. Serving a population of over 250,000, CTH features two hospitals, two urgent cares, an emergent care center, outpatient services and a provider network with 19 regional locations. Voted 5th most beautiful hospital in the nation being headquartered on a beautiful master planned 80-acre medical campus, nestled among the foothills of the Sierra Nevada in North Carson City.
Displays behavior that promotes accountability for performance of job tasks which will meet or exceed customer expectations. Ensures the continuity and accuracy of claim submission through patient accounts electronic billing and payment applications. Maintains a working knowledge of business operating systems including electronic billing system, QMS, and Receivables Work Station. Complies with State & Federal regulations with regard to billing. Conducts insurance and guarantor follow up as needed. Reviews reimbursement for accuracy per department policy. Accumulates data relating to patient accounting billing processes in an effort to identify areas of opportunity and make recommendations. Population served by this position is in the adult age group, primarily in the 16 to 85 year old age group.
- A high school education and a minimum of five (5) years experience in an acute care billing environment or one year demonstrated billing and collections is required.
- Must possess strong verbal & written communication skills, as well as interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle equipment malfunctions, applying troubleshooting techniques
- Required to analyze and problem solve in emergency situations
Top 5 Reasons to Live in Carson City, Nevada
- Live, work and play in one of the most beautiful regions in the world
- Enjoy an array of outdoor activities world class skiing, golf, camping, mountain biking, hiking, water skiing, kayaking, hunting and fishing
- Just next door is Beautiful Lake Tahoe
- We are minutes from Reno known as the 'biggest little city in the world' – Fine dining, nightlife, shopping and home to the University of Nevada Reno.
- Family friendly atmosphere with affordable housing & excellent school system
- No State Income Tax
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Telehealth, Paid Time Off
- 100% Vested 401K & Roth with Company Contribution
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Referral Bonuses
- On Site Education & Certification Programs