VP Cash Management Officer Job Opening
VP Cash Management Officer
Community Bank of the Bay• Oakland, California
Community Bank of the Bay is an independent, community-focused bank with over 20 years of active financial investment in businesses and individuals in the San Francisco Bay Area. Our mission is to provide and promote economic development in the communities we serve. At Community Bank of the Bay, we take the time to listen, understand, and develop customized financial solutions that support the unique needs of our business banking clients. Through attentive customer service and a personalized approach, we seek to foster and advise local entrepreneurship, business growth, and sustainable economic investment.
Community Bank of the Bay (CBB) is a member of the FDIC, an SBA Preferred Lender, and a CDARS depository institution, headquartered in Oakland, CA with offices in Danville and San Mateo. We are also California’s first FDIC-insured certified Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) and have been awarded 18 Bank Enterprise Awards since 1997 from the federal CDFI fund to use in service to distressed communities. Since 2009, our total assets have grown 390%, to more than $410 million by 3rd quarter of 2018. CBB is the first and only bank in the Bay Area to sign the Anti-Displacement Code of Conduct, which advocates for sustainable investment that allows local communities to thrive.
The VP, Cash Management Officer provides business clients banking service and solutions. This person helps guide the sale and implementation of treasury and cash management services to businesses, as well as helps design and tailor accounts and services to meet the unique requirements of each client. The VP, Cash Management Officer assists with the establishment of a variety of accounts and transfer rules that allow the business client to maximize the efficiency with which their cash is managed.
- Secures new business through marketing products and advising prospects on cash management options and account structuring.
- Analyzes market and customer needs to recommend appropriate strategic initiatives.
- Responsible for identifying, analyzing, selling, and supporting products and services to established and prospective business clients; such as Cash Management, Automated Clearing House (ACH) and Remote Deposit Capture (RDC) services, and Business Online Banking services.
- Partners with lenders and others to target and build opportunities for Treasury Management solutions.
- Responsible for achievement of sales targets and portfolio revenue growth objectives.
- Develops strategic plans to define target markets, strategic sales approaches, and provide solutions.
- Nurtures post sales relationships by engaging in periodic follow-ups to ensure additional client needs are met.
- Provides information and training to staff and customers as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance, or a related field.
- Five years proven treasury and cash management sales with management experience required.
- Certified Treasury Professional (CTP) or Certified Cash Management (CCM) certification preferred.
- Excellent strategic sales knowledge selling to commercial clients.
- High level of Treasury and Cash Management product knowledge and innovation.
- Excellent knowledge of credit and operational risk.
- Ability to quantify potential exposure and advise team.
- Strong management, supervisory, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Customer focus oriented with skills needed to achieve effective relationships with internal and external customers.
- Ability to anticipate and interpret client needs.
Community Bank of the Bay is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- Treasury and Cash Management Sales: 5 years (Required)
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Gym memberships or discounts
- Commuting/travel assistance
- Flexible schedules
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules