Front Desk Clerk Job Opening
Front Desk Clerk
Baymont Inn and Suites• Decatur, Alabama
This position is 7am till 3pm
- Need Experienced Front desk clerk that knows the Wyndham Software
- That has worked for any of the Wyndham Properties at front desk! A MUST!
- Pay is based on experience, The more knowledgeable you are the more the pay
- 40 hours a week
Meet guest demands
Check in majority of reservations and answer phones
Take care of guest complaints. Be productive during your shift.
All accounting functions
Do bucket checks and compare your list to your system
Verify all accounts postings and balances
Utilize CLC Hotels system
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Entire property, staff, services, hours of operation, type of rooms, locations, rates, discounts.
- Frequent Stay Program
- Reservations procedures including cancellations and walking guest
- Phone etiquette and answering procedures, be able to answer inquiries of shopping, dining, entertainment and travel directions.
- Daily hotel operations, check daily events, bulletin boards and be up to date on changes, new procedures and events.
- Manager on Duty functions when necessary or as scheduled
- Computer literate to thoroughly operate property management system: post charges, compute bills, collect payment and make change.
- Multi task, remain associate and guest service centric.
- Communicate with guests, co-workers receiving and transmitting mail, phone and written messages and relay pertinent information using communication log books.
- Assist with guest issues with professionalism, maintaining hospitable attitude.
- Greet and register guests, provide room assignments, maintain guest privacy, and accommodate special request when possible.
- Promote and sell services/amenities of the hotel.
- Promote repeat business by offering to take future reservations and providing recommendations for alternate same brand-type products.
- Be aware of potential sales leads and contacts thorough guest interaction. Report information to the appropriate individual.
- Keep housekeeping and other departments informed of any special requests, late check-outs, and special needs areas.
- Check all credit cards for validity before the end of the shift.
- Learn and utilize PMS.
- Ensure all cash, check and miscellaneous departments are in balance at shifts end.
- Assist in other areas: F & B, cleanliness of property wherever assistance is needed for guest satisfaction.
- Help maintain a clean and professional lobby, dining area; dusting vacuuming, cleaning tables, etc.
- Have a thorough working knowledge of emergency procedures.
- Practice safety standards at all times and be alert to hazardous conditions. Report or correct any hazardous conditions immediately.
- Report any unusual occurrences or request to the manager.
- Maintain certification from a responsible vendor training if alcohol is served.
- Be flexible in regard to work schedule, understanding hospitality is a 24/7 industry and evenings/weekends may be required.
- Utilize Service Recovery Log and other necessary communication logs from shift to shift.
- Maintain stock/cleanliness in the market area.
- Other duties as assigned, of which the associate is capable of performing.
Job Types: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- Front Desk: 1 year (Preferred)
- customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Decatur, AL 35601 (Preferred)
- One location