Senior Tax Accountant Job Opening
Senior Tax Accountant
Garcia, Espinosa, Miyares, Rodriguez, Trueba & Co.• Coral Gables, Florida
GARCIA, ESPINOSA, MIYARES, RODRIGUEZ, TRUEBA & CO., LLP (GEMRT)
For over thirty years, Garcia, Espinosa, Miyares, Rodriguez, Trueba & Co., LLP (GEMRT) has provided high-quality financial and management services to a diverse and successful client base. At GEMRT, our mission is to help our clients grow by providing the highest quality of service delivered with a caring and entrepreneurial approach. To accomplish our mission, we have assembled a team of outstanding CPAs and professional staff who understand where our clients want to go and will deliver the solutions that they need. We help our clients achieve their financial dreams and goals by helping them turn today’s financial opportunities into tomorrow’s realities.
Our team members provide our firm with intelligence, vitality, innovation, enthusiasm, and growth. We promote an entrepreneurial attitude, encourage personal initiative and provide the necessary tools for success. We are committed to recruiting individuals of the highest caliber and assisting in their development both professionally and personally. We strive for growth while maintaining the firm’s friendly work environment. Our employees are treated with the utmost respect and everyone is given an opportunity to grow with the firm according to their own ambitions.
In order to meet the growing needs of our clients and our continued growth, GEMRT is looking for a high-quality Senior Tax Accountants. The ideal candidates will be individuals highly focused in their careers with ambition to grow and make a difference in the firm they join for years to come. Individuals with a partner track mind are encouraged, but not a requirement. Please read below for a more precise detail of the position’s responsibilities and requirements.
- Preparation of individual, corporate, and partnership income tax returns.
- Tax planning and calculation of estimated tax payments.
- Supervise, train, and mentor associates on client engagements.
- Review tax returns done by staff and make recommendations on return preparation regarding accuracy and tax savings opportunities; gain increasing responsibilities in review process.
- Respond to inquiries from the IRS and other tax authorities.
- Researching tax issues and documenting this research in tax memos or client letters.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required, Master’s degree is a plus
- Must have CPA license or working to attain it
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills required; Multi-tasker
- Proficient in QuickBooks
- Proficient with ProSystems fx tax, QuickBooks and/or RIA Checkpoint a plus
- 3+ years’ experience in public accounting with a specialization in tax for a minimum of 3 years
- Understanding of relevant tax legislation corporate, personal and partnership tax compliance and planning
- Should value teamwork, client service, and quality in detailed work
- Displays strong problem solving, analytical, and communication skills
- Excellent benefits and compensation
- Great team environment
- Relocation allowance if necessary
Job Type: Full-time
- Tax: 3 years (Preferred)
- One location