Director Project Management Office Job Opening
Director Project Management Office
Collette Travel Service• Pawtucket, Rhode Island
The Director Project Management
Office (PMO) is responsible for the overall development and operational effectiveness
of the PMO, leading strategic IT project initiatives, championing the
capability of the PMO as well as organizational change management that is
critical for the adoption, acceptance, and sustainability of IT solutions and
related business processes. This role is responsible for driving strategic project
planning across the organization, as well as leading a body of IT and business
leader on technology governance and prioritization of IT investments. The Director
PMO oversees a team of IT Project Managers and
· Determine Collette’s enterprise approach for project management and oversight of roadmap
to improve project management. Create and set vision for future state.
- Recruit, lead, develop, train, and engage a team of leaders and individual contributors
- Provide oversight and leadership direction to the Project Management Office. Define and
Identify, establish, monitor, evaluate, and maintain KPIs for the PMO so there
is a focus on the right projects, the right way, at the right time for the best
- Partner with the business to lead delivery of IT strategic change initiatives,
planning, organizational readiness assessment and stakeholder analyses.
- Proactively partner with function leaders to understand strategic objectives, processes and
indicators. Promote alignment of priorities, initiatives and investment to
vision and strategic direction.
- Act as a trusted advisor to Strategic Leadership in order to develop and prioritize
execute against the IT strategy.
- Oversee portfolio, including working with leadership to define IT investment strategy
- Work with IT Leadership on strategic planning and budgeting processes for IT
- Develop sound approaches to PMO strategy and tactics based on emerging industry trends
- Proven ability to build and effectively manage high-performing, cross-functional, self-managing teams that work well in a complex environment
- Ability to manage an IT budget and to communicate IT costs and investments to an array of stakeholders
- Strong knowledge and ability to express new concepts and processes to the business
- Deep understanding of Project Management concepts (e.g., demand management, prioritization, approval processes, reporting, issue/risk resolution, dependency identification, financial tracking, scheduling, resource management, capacity planning) and end to end management of large-scale projects.
- Experience with ITIL and working within ITIL environments
- Experience managing both Agile and Waterfall projects
- Experience managing multiple portfolios and application of key portfolio management concepts
- Experience with Jira or similar epic, story and defect tracking system
- Active Project Management Professional certification required Certified Scrum Master,