Staff Assistant, Banner Finance Liaison - Fitchburg State University Job Opening
Staff Assistant, Banner Finance Liaison - Fitchburg State University
Fitchburg State University• Fitchburg, Massachusetts
General Statement of Duties: The Banner Finance Liaison dedicates half their time to assisting the Financial Services Department with IT related issues, particularly those related to the Banner ERP system. The other half of the time is spent administering data systems and working on projects within IT.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Act as liaison between IT, and Finance and Student Accounts departments: Take responsibility for IT related projects in Finance and Student Accounts (particularly those pertaining to our Banner ERP system).Work with Core Services and User Services staff to coordinate support efforts. Assist with user training and product implementation and upgrades. Take direction from VP of Finance and Administration on Finance related projects and priorities.
- Manage and monitor finance data feed jobs.
- Administer Touchnet system, working with vendors and consultants, to ensure the University can take payments.
- Write and maintain SQL scripts and Linux shell scripts to automate export/import of data to/from Banner.
- Administer EVisions platform, including server software, IntelliCheck, and FormFusion.
- Write and maintain Crystal Reports at request of Finance department.
- Administer Banner Document Imaging (XTender) system, including server configuration and end-user setup and troubleshooting.
- Has responsibility for some limited Banner administration functions, particularly those pertaining to Finance, including, troubleshooting issues with finance job postings, developing workarounds for bugs in the finance module, and implementing procedural best practices.
- When necessary, assist broader user community with Banner related issues.
- Engineer and maintain data integration services between Banner and other systems, in support of constituent needs.
- Document important procedures, technical instructions, and business knowledge.
- Respond to Help Desk tickets in a timely and professional manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- B.A. or B.S. degree in relevant field.
- Experience with SQL programming and development tools, such as SQL Developer and TOAD for Oracle.
- Experience managing and manipulating data, using a variety of tools, such as Excel, Crystal, SQL Developer, SQL Plus, ETL tools.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines and project deliverables.
- Ability to perform above duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to satisfactorily pass a check conducted by the Criminal History Systems Board (CORI) as well as a completed background check satisfactory to the university.
Shift Information: Full time benefited APA Union position. Hours are Monday through Friday from 8am-5pm.
Application Deadline: June 7, 2019
Salary: $58K - $62K Annually