Fitness Facility Manager NF-04 Job Opening
Fitness Facility Manager NF-04
US Department of the Army• Wahiawa, Hawaii
- Supervises and oversees the management and operation of a Fitness Facility.
- Establishes employee work schedules and performance objectives and appraisals.
- Coordinates with higher management to meet goals and objectives within deadlines and participates in the Recreation Delivery System (RDS) process.
- Assists in the development of budgetary and manpower requirements and recommends adjustments due to changes in program demands or hours of operation.
- Monitors contractor performance, extending or terminating contracts as warranted, in conjunction with NAF Contracting and approves payments. Oversees facility cleanliness contracts and standard operating procedures.
Job family (Series)
0030 Sports Specialist
- Sports Officials, Other
Conditions of Employment
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position
- A one year probationary period may be required
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check
- Completed and signed DA Form 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty
- Satisfactory completion of pre-employment background checks in accordance with AR 215-3, 2-15j. Incumbent is required to complete a Tier 1 background investigation.
- Possesses and maintains the following certifications: CPR, First Aid, and AED. Must complete the following course(s)/class: MWR Orientation Course, Customer Service, and Equipment (Safe Operation and Basic Maintenance Repair).
1. Possesses directly related work experience in planning, supervising, administering or carrying out a sports program that included a variety of individual and team sports and guiding participants in developing the skills needed for participation in sports activities and teaching the techniques of various sports.
2. Experience that includes the demonstrated ability to manage and operate complex multiple fitness facilities.
3. The related work experience must have been equivalent in difficulty and complexity to the next lower grade level.
Highly Qualified Criteria:
1. Do you possess a combination of a four (4) year degree (bachelor's degree) from an Accredited College or University in the field of Physical Education, Kinesiology or a related field of study and the ability, knowledge and experience to perform the duties as identified above under minimum qualifications? (Note: Upload your Unofficial Educational Transcript with your application package)
2. Do you possess a nationally identified certificate of the Basic Fitness Trainer Certification? (Note: Upload your Certificate to your application package)
3. Do you possess a minimum of one (1) year experience demonstrating the ability to independently administer, supervise and oversee the management and operations of a physical fitness facility? Supervision of six (6) or more employees?
4. Do you possess a minimum of one (1) year experience in department planning, administration, execution of finance and budget experience. Non-appropriate funds (NAF) and Appropriated funds (APF) budget experience preferred.
5. Do you possess a minimum of six (6) months experience utilizing a computer with software programs to track recreation management, customer information, finance tracking or other similar systems?
6. Do you possess a minimum of eighteen (18) months of experience with personnel management such as recruitment, selection and appraisals?
NOTE: Applicants who met both minimum qualifications and highly qualifying / best qualified criteria will be referred to the selecting official for consideration first.
To be evaluated as a highly preferred/best qualified candidate, your resume MUST clearly reflect the knowledge and experience listed under work experiences and reflect the highly qualified criteria above. Note: If you are claiming any of the above eligibilities, all supporting documentations, transcripts and certificates must be uploaded and received at the time of your application package.
If using education to qualify for this position, unofficial transcripts must be provided with application to receive consideration.
- Army NAF Paysetting rules/requirements apply to this vacancy announcement.
Manual Application: If you are unable to apply online, you may submit your application package using a manual application method. Please contact the NAF Human Resources Office or representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form. All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 3:00 PM on the closing date of the announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner. Please note that neglecting to respond to the job related questions may result in an ineligible rating.
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs IS authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move IS in the Government's interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (Click here to view kit or copy this URL: https://acpol2.army.mil/chra_dodea/NAF_applicant_info_kit.pdf
- Other duties for this position can be view on the Position Description number: AM600 (Click here at the link): https://acpol2.army.mil/fasclass/search_fs/search_naf_output.asp?fcp=zutpk3eFRt2fkpzbzq9hnHCCUJmZlIuYlqZV
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran (OAV)
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
Position sensitivity and risk
Non-sensitive (NS)/Low Risk
Trust determination process
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
Optional: Job Application (DA Form 3433) will be accepted in place of a Resume.
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- Cover Letter
- DD-214/ Statement of Service
- DA 3434
- SF-50/ Notification of Personnel Action
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education .
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
Review our benefits
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is: World Wide.
This position is located at Helemano Physical Fitness Center, Wahiawa Hawaii.
To better expedite the hiring process, we recommend including full contact information (name, address, phone number, email, etc.) for professional and personal references on your resume.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.