Director Supply Chain Job Opening
Director Supply Chain
Chicken Salad Chick - 03• Auburn, Alabama
The Chicken Salad Chick Supply Chain Director is the primary liaison between Chicken Salad Chick (“CSC”) and our vendor partners. They are responsible for developing and executing a three-year supply chain strategic plan and anticipating business requirements. They will work with cross functional departments to deliver the raw materials and supplies to accomplish the growth strategies of the company, while doing so in the most cost-effective manner.
- Development and execution of a three-year supply chain strategic plan, anticipating business requirements. The plan includes identifying supplier sources, their purchasing capacity, and any industry and regulatory issues.
- Responsible for driving a high level of quality, service and best economics in support of our restaurants. Manage supplier and distributor relationships that provide food, packaging, ingredients and small wares along with executing sourcing, procurement, distribution, and logistics.
- Responsibilities include identifying opportunities for continuous improvement in supplier relationships and performance, inventory management, product cost reduction and supply chain efficiency.
- Negotiate terms and conditions of vendor agreements
- Develop supply chain, strategic sourcing, and sales and operations planning solutions that support brand menu, promotion, operations and growth objectives
- Enhance supply chain capabilities in procurement, sourcing, demand planning, distribution, logistics, replenishment, order management, and inventory management
- Maintain a strong professional relationship between suppliers and the company. Communicate with suppliers concerning all aspects of the partnership including CSC philosophy and growth plans, and align suppliers with CSC to support our growth. Evaluate the effectiveness and fitness of suppliers to determine our procurement strategy.
- Lead or support cross-functional projects with other departments (Product Development, Marketing, Legal, Finance, and Operations) related to product specifications, quality inquiries, product recall, sourcing new ingredients, testing new products, and phasing in products within distribution.
- Identify new suppliers to support future growth. Attend supplier and industry conferences to identify potential suppliers, and gain industry insights.
- Establish and maintain key performance indicators for suppliers that are in alignment with company goals and strategies and implement plans to improve supplier performance
- Analyze supply market conditions and develop strategic sourcing initiatives that mitigate risk and decrease volatility, including tactics to mitigate inflationary pressures
- Support Quality Assurance efforts that ensure safety of food supply
- Ensure vendor adherence to product specifications
- Work with financial team to maintain usage and forecasting information; provide comprehensive business review data as required
- Develop and institutionalize standard sourcing, procurement and requisitioning processes
- Develop and manage a formal sales and operations planning process (SOP), including demand planning in partnership with the Operations team.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3 years of supply chain experience
- Significant knowledge of food supply markets (proteins, commodities, dairy, etc.)
- Experience with food manufacturers and a working knowledge of food manufacturing and product development
- Proven negotiation skills
- Insight and understanding of food service distribution business model
- Flexible and able to quickly pivot between roles and priorities
- Ability to work at both the strategic and tactical levels
- Tenacious and self-driven
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Collaborative and a team player
- Focused on supporting field operations with an internal customer service mindset
- Position requires talking, hearing, walking, sedentary work, and visual acuity
- Normal office environment
- Travel up to 25% required
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Team members may be asked to perform other duties as required by business needs.