Accounting Clerk Job Opening
SLF• Coral Gables, Florida
JOB TITLE: Accounting Clerk
SUMMARY: Provides accounting and clerical assistance to accounting department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accounts payable/receivable
- Verifying vendor bills
- Maintains accounting department files and records.
- Enters information into accounting data entry system.
- Verifies and prepares checks for mailing.
- Researches problem invoices; interfaces with vendors, customer service team, and other appropriate staff to reconcile.
- Prepares invoices, checks, timecards, and other records and reviews for accuracy.
- Answers, screens, and directs incoming telephone calls.
- Sorts and distributes internal and external mail.
- Performs general clerical duties including but not limited to filing, photocopying, faxing, typing, and mailing.
- Assists with special accounting projects as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- One to two years related experience or equivalent
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent grammatical and spelling skills
- Proficient on Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel
- QuickBooks knowledge preferred
- Demonstrated ability to calculate figures and amounts.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels
- Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize projects.
- Ability to perform diversified clerical functions.
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand Spanish.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Please email your resume in Word or .PDF format
Please do not respond if you do not meet the required criteria.
Job Type: Full-time
- accounting: 1 year (Required)
- quickbooks: 1 year (Required)
- English and Spanish (Required)