Accounts Payable Clerk Job Opening
Accounts Payable Clerk
Chase Corporation• Pawtucket, Rhode Island
It is the responsibility of the A/P Clerk to voucher invoices to vendors for goods and services received and consumed by all Plant locations. The A/P Clerk is concerned with all aspects of the A/P function relating to the purchases and receipts of goods and services. Collect and review all supporting data necessary to verify successful completion of the obligation of each vendor. The purpose of data review is to insure that all payments by the Company are made correctly and within the time period specified by Company policy, and to identify root causes of non-conformances in order to eliminate future occurrences.
- Screen invoices to guarantee accurate billing via matching with purchase order and receiving data in the computer.
- Forward invoices to appropriate personnel for approval.
- Investigate invoice problems with appropriate personnel.
- Record vendor number, due date, and other necessary data in preparation for computer input.
- Voucher invoices on the computer.
- Voucher all ACH and wire transfers on the computer.
- Volume: 800 invoices per month.
- Payment of Bills:
- Mail checks to vendors.
- Assist in audit preparation when necessary.
- Month end accruals.
- Pulling invoices at auditors’ request.
- Clerical/Administrative Support:
- Receives calls from vendors.
- Answer questions concerning payment status.
- Forward unsatisfied vendors to the Accounting Supervisor.
- Issue debit memos to vendors when necessary.
- Voucher prepaid checks.
- Responsible for maintaining A/P files.
- JD Edwards
- Manufacturing experience preferred
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounts Payable: 2 years (Preferred)
- United States (Required)