Controller, Heil Environmental Job Opening
Controller, Heil Environmental
Environmental Solutions Group• Fort Payne, Alabama
Environmental Solutions Group encompasses industry-leading brands — Heil Environmental, Marathon, Bayne, The Curotto-Can and 3rdEye – One Vision — to create a premier, fully integrated equipment group serving the solid waste and recycling industry. Through extensive voice-of-customer outreach, in-house engineering and manufacturing capabilities, a wide-reaching service network, and proven industry expertise, Environmental Solutions Group is focused on solving customer problems through environmentally responsible products and providing world-class support. For more information, visit www.doveresg.com.
ESG is a Dover Corporation operating company. Dover’s commitment to operational and technical excellence makes it the world leader in the Energy, Engineered Systems, Fluids, and Refrigeration & Food Equipment markets. Dover is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under DOV. Learn more at www.dovercorporation.com.
Operating Company: Environmental Solutions Group – Heil Environmental
Location: Fort Payne, AL
Reports To: Corporate Controller
The Heil Plant Controller position based in Fort Payne, AL reports directly to the Corporate Controller of Environmental Solutions Group and is responsible for financial reporting and analysis. The ideal candidate will have a strong accounting background in a manufacturing environment with demonstrated knowledge of primary accounting processes and cycles including experience in financial planning, forecasting, costing, budgeting, and analysis. Individual must possess excellent communication and process improvement skills as well as the characteristics needed to proactively establish and develop internal business partnerships across all levels of the organization.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS INCLUDE:
- Candidate must have ability to lead and develop a small effective finance team, with an emphasis on a timely and accurate financial reporting close, as well as, continuous improvement of management accounting information including product costing, trend analysis and accurate forecasting.
- Complete financial reporting, forecasting and analysis in accordance with established time frames.
- Analyze, summarize and consolidate timely and accurate financial reporting for local site.
- Produce management accounting schedules, including variance analysis, balance sheet reconciliations and month-end responsibilities to support the local business.
- Budget preparation and analysis.
- Ensure the timely completion of reporting and analysis for internal and external deliverables.
- Ensuring accounting policies and procedures are followed and a strong internal controls environment maintained.
- Ability to effectively interact when dealing with internal and external personnel.
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality with all information obtained.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required. CPA and/or CMA a plus.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment for 7+ years using ERP systems.
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to maintain honesty, integrity and professionalism in all interactions.
- Must be knowledgeable in financial accounting and reporting.
- Possess excellent analytical and financial modeling skills.
- Be skilled in ability to effectively communicate accounting and financial information to all levels across the organization.
- Have a sense of urgency in their delivery and flexibility in terms of their style and approach.
- Must possess a strong professional diplomacy, ability to work independently and accept outside direction.
- Must be a strong leader and change agent with high integrity and proven success managing and developing a team.
- Take full ownership and accountability for their group performance and will always strive towards continuous improvement.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Focus on process improvement throughout the financial department as well as in operations.
Builds and Manages Collaborative Relationships
Strong Business Acumen and Sound Judgment
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Ethics and Work Standards: Maintain the highest ethical and work standards, while promoting the same attributes in co-workers and others. Ensure that all business activities – with both internal and external customers – to be performed with a professional demeanor and that all participants be held accountable to this high standard.
Communication: Expresses thoughts clearly, both orally and in writing, using good grammar. Presents concise, well organized reports in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Listens to understand input, feedback and concerns. Provides complete information in an open, honest and straightforward manner. Responds promptly and positively to questions and requests.
Teamwork and Relationships: Works with other employees willingly and in a spirit of cooperation and teamwork. Supports cooperation. Demonstrates a commitment to the entire business and is supportive of all initiatives (company and departmental) to help grow Environmental Solutions Group business in the United States and abroad. Cooperates fully with others to achieve organizational goals. Is tactful, courteous, and considerate. Embraces a positive outlook. Is respected and trusted by others.
Continual Improvement and Problem Resolution: Identifies and communicates suggestions for work improvements. Uses technical and analytical abilities to assure existing work practices are the most efficient and cost effective possible. Performs root-cause analysis and implements viable, permanent solutions to problems. Works with both internal and external customers to develop solutions which meet company-wide needs and objectives. Applies a sense of urgency to resolve problems or creates opportunities that will increase productivity and create value. Shares best practices with other employees across the business.
Accountability: Accepts responsibility and accessibility for both the strategic planning and the successful implementation of all projects, programs, and duties as outlined in this job description. Advises supervisor of concerns, problems and progress of work in a timely manner.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, genetic information, or any other factors prohibited by law.
This position may be located in: Americas : United States : Alabama : Fort Payne
Sub Division : Heil
Job Requisition ID : 27492