Accounting Manager Job Opening
Neuroptics, Inc.• Laguna Hills, California
Position: Accounting Manager
NeurOptics is the leader in the science of pupillometry. Driven by a passion to help clinicians provide improved patient outcomes, the company has developed innovative technology for use in the areas of critical care nursing, critical care medicine, neurology, neurosurgery and emergency medicine which enables clinicians to enhance their patient evaluations by providing information from the human eye to facilitate critical medical decision making. Headquartered in Laguna Hills, California, NeurOptics conducts business in North America, Europe and Asia.
At NeurOptics, we are passionate patient advocates. For us, helping clinicians provide improved patient outcomes is our life's work.
The Accounting Manager is responsible for all areas of accounting daily operations including A/P and A/R, cash receipts, general ledger, payroll, budgeting, cash forecasting, revenue and expenditures variance analysis, management of administrative staff, preparation of monthly close, maintenance of fixed assets, interfacing with outsourced HR company, processing of quarterly sales tax, reconciliation of GL accounts, liaison to outside accounting firm and special projects as needed.
- Support & assist in all areas of accounting, & other departments, problem solving.
- Verify all monthly processes are complete, process monthly close and produce financial and sales reports
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and year end close.
- Support budget and forecasting activities * Reconcile GL accounts, analyze transactions.
- Maintain & review bank account transactions & balances and prepare all bank reconciliations
- Review and prepare all outgoing Vendor payments for weekly check-run after approval process.
- Maintain fixed assets
- Monitor and analyze accounting data, prepare reports & audits as requested
- Review of bi-weekly, quarterly payroll reports and year-end tax reporting (W-2’s) by ADP.
- Support CFO and CEO for ad hoc projects.
- Interface with tax accountants for year-end tax preparation
- Train new employees and manage accounting staff
- Establish and enforce proper accounting methods, policies and principles
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent
- Have 4 or more year’s accounting experience in a manufacturing company.
- Understanding and knowledge of GAAP
- QuickBooks, ADP, Concur, Excel, outlook & word skills. Experience with Fishbowl a plus
- Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Be highly detail oriented and well organized
- Be punctual and reliable & work overtime as required
- Enjoy working in a team environment—provide assistance to all departments
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company success
- Good time management skills
- Great interpersonal skills
- Able to motivate others
This position works in a mixed office, research laboratory and medical device manufacturing environment. Some travel is necessary, so the ability to operate a motor vehicle and maintain a valid Driver’s license is required.
We are proud to offer if eligible a competitive compensation plan including paid vacation, eligibility for stock options, 401k, and health benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounting: 4 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off