Senior Internal Auditor Job Opening
Senior Internal Auditor
Ascendo Resources• Coral Gables, Florida
We are an independent, fully integrated energy company that develops, constructs, owns and operates renewable energy projects and transmission assets across North America, Japan, and parts of Latin America. The company focuses primarily on wind, solar and transmission. We have a history as one of the top North American renewable energy and transmission providers in the industry. The team is dedicated to delivering the highest value for its customers, partners, financial supporters and the communities in which it works, while exhibiting a strong commitment to promoting environmental stewardship and corporate responsibility.
The Internal Audit Staff role will have a unique opportunity to help build an internal audit function. The Internal Audit Staff will support the various Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (ICFR) compliance and control initiatives including Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 (SOX404) and Statement of Standards for Attestation Engagements (SSAE) 16. The Internal Audit Staff will gain a complete understanding of all SOX process narratives, will update process flowcharts as needed, will develop and execute testing procedures according to the audit plan, will provide recommendations to remediate issues noted during testing, and will perform follow-up testing for remediated controls. In addition, the Internal Audit Staff will perform operational, compliance and information technology audits, and will assume an advisory role for system and process improvements.
The Internal Audit Staff must maintain strong working relationships with various departments within the company to ensure both SOX and internal control requirements are met. This role must feel comfortable and confident in approaching process owners to obtain necessary information and documentation to perform the duties listed below.
The key responsibilities will include as a minimum the following:
- Assist in developing the annual audit plan and performing risk assessments
- Perform testing procedures for SOX 404, financial, operational and information technology audits and thoroughly document results
- Assist with intermediate level audits, reviews, or analysis of transactions in execution of the annual internal audit plan.
- Collaborating with management to build and maintain ongoing business relationships.
- Evaluate information security and associated risk exposures.
- Provide support to the company’s anti-fraud program
- Evaluate the company’s enterprise risk management program.
- Complete ad hoc and other duties related to Internal Audit services, as assigned.
- Limited domestic and international travel to be expected.
- A BS / BA degree in accounting, finance or related field required
- Consideration of completing CPA, CIA, CISA or CFE required
- Candidate must have a minimum of 2 years experience in internal / external audit and / or consulting
- Experience at a Big 4 audit or large public Accounting firm
- Experience in auditing at a global company with international locations is preferred
- Strong knowledge of professional standards (U.S. GAAP, GAAS, SOX 404, COSO, AS5 and the Professional Practices Framework of the IIA)
- Willingness to learn new business processes and clearly document process controls
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, to effectively present to peers and management.
- A passion for auditing and wanting to understand how processes work
- Eager to learn about energy and the renewable energy industry
- Strategic thinker with advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to understand business processes to identify control deficiencies, process issues, and business problems and recommend potential solutions
- Maintain a current knowledge base of audit industry practices to ensure best practices are always considered
- Perform all assigned audit duties in manner that reflects the highest professional standards and complies with the guidelines of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA)
- Excellent organizational skills and understanding of methods for streamlining and automating repetitive functions
- Initiative in pursuing appropriate, timely and effective solutions to complex issues
- Ability to respond to time sensitive issues with quick turnaround
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00 to $110,000.00 /year
- Audit: 2 years (Preferred)
- One location
- Remote/Work from home
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement
- Gym memberships or discounts
- Employee discounts
- Flexible schedules
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules