For Adults with Disabilities - Production Support Specialist Job Opening
For Adults with Disabilities - Production Support Specialist
xStellar Inc• Eufaula, Alabama
xStellar is a company entirely dedicated to helping adults with disabilities build meaningful careers through the Ability2Work Program. Our program changes the lives of individuals with disabilities by giving them the support and training they need to succeed. The best part is that all services provided are free and everyone is paid the same amount and receives the same opportunities as everyone else.
This position is set aside to give adults with disabilities the opportunity to start a career and expand to any direction they want. We are hiring now. All jobs are first come first serve.
This position involves supporting production and printing areas to include packing, stacking, sorting and feeding production and printing equipment. This job is designed to provide an introduction into the printing industry and can lead to other opportunities such as printing equipment operator, shipping clerk, data entry professional, and quality control professional. This job can also be a launching point for other career fields such as accounting, information technology or anything else you want.
- High School graduate or GED
- Experience not required, will train
- Good problem-solving skills
- Shrink-wraps & boxes orders, move product, and prepare materials for packaging or production
- Inspect, measure and compare materials & products for conformance to specifications.
- Bands envelopes
- Notify supervisors or other personnel of production problems.
- Discard or reject products and materials not meeting specifications.
- Rectify any issues to prevent costly losses of material and avoid excessive downtime
- Package, assemble or bind finished items to make and/or complete products to be checked in to inventory
- Floats across departments
- Responsible for training additional team members as needed
- Adhere to company policies and guidelines
- Maintain records of production output
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand or walk. Job requires use of hands for grasping, repetitive action for the use of hand tools, tape dispensers, and the use of feet for flexion/repetitive motion as in operating foot controls. The employee is required to frequently lift and/or move up to 24lbs.
Job Type: Full-time