Residential Care Assistant - Developmental Disabilities Job Opening
Residential Care Assistant - Developmental Disabilities
North Central Healthcare• Wausau, Wisconsin
The Residential Care Assistant is responsible for the general operation of a group home/supported apartment settings for adults with developmental disabilities and/or chronic mental illness.
Please take a look at what this job is all about by clicking this link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=IRuCxv-YQUw?
$1500 dollar Sign on bonus
Required: High school diploma or equivalent
Valid Wisconsin driver's license and appropriate auto insurance coverage as required by North Central Health Care
Preferred: One to three years' experience
Any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills and abilities may be considered.
- Create a supportive, family-like environment in order for each resident to achieve maximum independent functioning based on individual needs.
- Provide home management services (meal planning and preparation, housekeeping, laundry, budgetary accounting, etc.)
- Assist in initial and ongoing assessment of residents' needs
- Communicate observations relating to functionality of residents.
- Provide direct supervision/support in the use of social/recreational and other community services (shopping, public transportation, etc.).
- Provides for the personal safety of residents including regularly scheduled training drills for residents and direct care staff.
- Monitor residents' health needs including administration of medications, providing minor treatments/first aid and obtaining medical services when necessary.
- Provides transportation as needed.
- Annual competencies as required by North Central Health Care and/or various regulatory agencies based on entity and/or job title.
- Ability to communicate well both written and verbally.
- Knowledge of proper behavior management techniques.