Senior Cost Accountant Job Opening
Senior Cost Accountant
A & AT LLC• Wichita, Kansas
Apparel & Advanced Textiles (A&AT) has an immediate opening for an experienced Senior Cost Accountant in our Wichita, Kansas office. A&AT is a leading global apparel technology company developing, producing, branding, and marketing innovative fibers, fabrics and other textile offerings, notably under our LYCRA®, COOLMAX®, and THERMOLITE® brands of products. Our products can be found in virtually every garment category, providing comfort, fit and performance benefits. With 3,000 employees worldwide, we serve more than 800 customers in over 30 countries.
Day in the Life of a Senior Cost Accountant:
- Analyze plant operating costs and ensure costs are appropriately classified between inventoried and non-inventoried costs and are recorded timely and accurately.
- Lead cross-functional team in ensuring inventory movements are recorded timely, accurately, and monthly reconciliations are completed efficiently and effectively.
- Performing yield reviews and work cross-functionally to complete root cause analysis for anomalies. Identify opportunities and drive change.
- Perform inventory control oversite. Ensure adequate cycle counts are maintained and adjustments recorded timely, annual physical inventory meets key control requirements and is aligned with guidelines.
- Perform internal control testing and complete reviews. Report out findings to leadership and provide suggestions to make controls more robust.
- Analyze inventory prices and ensure prices reflect reality. Work with operations to understand drivers and identify opportunities to improve.
- Perform plant operating cost analysis and reporting to plant leadership, identifying opportunities and trends to help the plants drive improved profitability.
- Simplify, Standardize, or Automate key processes within the cost accounting space or work cross-functionally to improve processes outside the cost accounting space.
Skills and Attributes:
- Perform cost accounting activities in compliance with financial, regulatory, and internal accounting policies and guidelines.
- Complete and lead cross-functional team in completion of inventory costing processes with in our SAP accounting systems.
- Ensure monthly closing processes are accomplished with accuracy and completed in accordance with reporting timelines.
- Proactively identify and implement internal controls, financial systems, and process improvements.
- Resolve issues that affect transactional accounting and/or financial reporting accuracy by working with or leading cross-functional teams to resolve.
- Responsible for accuracy and timely completion of balance sheet reconciliations.
- Up to 25% travel (both foreign and domestic).
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or economics.
- 3+ years of accounting and/or finance experience.
- Experienced with Microsoft Office Suite.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- 5+ years of accounting and/or finance experience
- Experience with accounting in and ERP environment
- Experience with Power BI • SAP/CO experience
- Demonstrated leadership or supervisory experience
- CPA, CMA, or MBA