Front Desk / Night Auditor Job Opening
Front Desk / Night Auditor
Econo Lodge - Dunbar, WV• Dunbar, West Virginia
Category: Night Auditor
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly, service oriented manner.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working.
- Maintain regular attendance as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Comply at all times with Hotel standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maintain a friendly and warm demeanor at all times.
- Greet and welcome all guests approaching the Front Desk in accordance.
- Maintain proper operation of the phone system and ensure that all hotel performance standards are met.
- Handle requests for information, mail and messages in an efficient and courteous manner.
- Answer guest inquires about hotel service, facilities and hours of operation.
- Answer inquiries from guests regarding restaurants, transportation, entertainment, etc.
- Establish and maintain good communication and team work with fellow employees and other departments within the hotel.
- Be aware of all rates, packages and special promotions. Be familiar with all in house groups. Be aware of closed out and restricted dates.
- Obtain all necessary information when taking room reservations and follow rate quoting scenario.
- Be familiar with all hotel policies and house rules as well as hospitality terminology.
- Have knowledge of and assist in emergency procedures as required.
- Handle check-ins and check-outs in a friendly, efficient and courteous manner.
- Fully comprehend and be able to operate all relevant aspects of the Front Desk computer system.
- Employees must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and all other employees.
- Ensure logging and delivery of packages, mail and messages as needed to guests and meeting rooms.
- Attend meetings as required by management.
- Perform any other duties as requested by management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & RESPONSIBILITIES REQUIRED:
- Experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to be on there feet for long periods of time when needed
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful, high pressure situations.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the issues raised by co-workers and guests.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic functions.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity while under pressure.
Job Type: Full-time
- Choice Advantage: 1 year (Required)
- Hospitality: 1 year (Required)
- One location
This Job Is:
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks - learn more at https://start.indeed.com/fair-chance)
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma