Sr Accounting Analyst-Reconciliation Job Opening
Sr Accounting Analyst-Reconciliation
Protective• Birmingham, Alabama
Job Summary and Objective of the Position
This position requires performing routine accounting work in the Reconciliation department including but not limited to reconciling accounts, processing stop payment requests, and researching issues and discrepancies.
Primary Job Functions:
- Reconciles suspense accounts including intercompany, bank accounts, wire clearing, and premium deposits or policy loans
- Researches outstanding items on reconcilements, monitors exceptions for closure and advises the preparer when necessary how to resolve these items. Handles bank deposits and/or the FTP files.
- Handles stop payment /check copy requests using the company Sharepoint site and sends information on to the disbursement area for processing.
- Other job duties and tasks as assigned.
Work Experience, Education, Certification / Training Required:
- Education: High school education
- Requires 3 to 5 years accounting experience in a business environment with at least 2 years of reconciliation and/or banking experience. SAP experience a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Computer Skills: Must have a working knowledge of PC application and be proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word. SAP or TRECS knowledge a plus.
- Abilities: Requires mental and visual awareness, sufficient for constant attention to numerical detail, while meeting frequent deadlines. Must have good time management and organizational skills and be able to handle numerous tasks effectively and manage multiple priorities. Must be able to adapt to change and process improvements.
- Communication/Customer Service: Requires interpersonal skills sufficient for tactful communication as frequent exchanges of information with user divisions and departments as well as banks to clear exceptions, answer inquires and correct entries are necessary.
- Analytical Skill required: Requires analytical experience for seeking solutions to problems, researching many different sources of data, deciding on the steps necessary to accomplish solutions to problems and following through to ensure problems are resolved correctly and efficiently