Quality Engineer Job Opening
APNA• Athens, Alabama
The Quality Engineer is responsible for leading the site in implementation and monitoring of quality systems to meet APNA customer needs with particular emphasis on automotive standards. As part of that process they will be responsible for identifying and driving to completion projects within the quality department to continually improve the site quality management system. They will be also responsible for overall coordination of the quality laboratory including providing functional direction to the lab group. Reporting to the site leader, The successful candidate will provide guidance, training and leadership on Quality principles within the operations group, and various departments to enhance our overall product quality and service to customers and speed of implementation.
- Responsible for driving and participating in APQP activities to ensure customer needs are met.
- Coordinate Annual production testing for competency Primary interface on daily testing issues between QA and production
- Provide functional direction for the quality laboratory
- Responsible for training others on laboratory practices and testing methods.
- Ensures the smooth operation of all lab equipment, coordinates PMs and repairs
- Facillitate/lead Quality SME Team
- Follow all standard laboratory work instructions and procedures. Develop and analyze statistical data and product specifications to determine standards and to establish quality and reliability expectancy of finished products.
- Formulate, document and maintain quality control standards and on-going quality control objectives to ensure compliance with and improving our adherence to current certifications (IATF16949, ISO17025/A2LA,ISO9001)
- Coordinate objectives with production procedures in cooperation with plant managers to maximize production quality and minimize organizational costs.
- Assist in conducting internal audits
- Assist with PPAP, IMDS, automotive approvals, and NSF submissions.
- Lead/assist in root cause identification in CPAR activities and verification regarding lab related issue and participate in other investigations as needed.
- Set up supplier quality review process for Athens and implement process including supplier audits. Working with the purchasing group Interact with vendors and suppliers to ensure quality of all products and services. Interaction could involve follow up on quality incidents, routine audits for validating conformance with quality standards and requirements
Qualifications (Education, Experience, Licensures, and Certifications)
- Minimum: Associates Degree in Quality or Engineering and 1-2 years of experience in manufacturing.
- Preferred: Bachelors Degree in Quality or Engineering and 1-5 years of experience in manufacturing, preferred in plastics.
- Preferred: Previous experience working in Automotive OEM Quality Environment or working with Automotive Suppliers in quality systems
- Acceptable color vision to meet departmental needs
- Qualified as an internal auditor for IATF or ISO
- MS Office - excel, word, power point and access
- Knowledge of IMDS system
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work well in team environment
- Problem analysis and problems resolution skills
- Knowledge of statistical analysis methods including process capability studies
- Knowledge of key quality system certifications including A2LA, IATF, ISO
- Knowledge of SAP Enterprise Systems
Work Environment / Physical Demands / Travel
- Sits, walks, stands sometimes. Lift occasionally.