Director of Operational Accounting Job Opening
Director of Operational Accounting
Harley-Davidson• Carson City, Nevada
Auto req ID: 214
Title: Director of Operational Accounting
Job Function: Finance
Location: CARSON CITY
Company: Harley-Davidson Financial Services
Full or Part-Time:Full Time
We are paving more roads to Harley-Davidson by developing exhilarating new products, creating broader access to our iconic brand, and building a stronger dealer network. We can’t do it without the best and brightest. Step one of this strategic acceleration is adding talent who can blow the doors wide open with innovation and creativity while staying true to the Harley-Davidson brand and legacy. We are focused on the next 115 years. Are you in?
Harley-Davidson Financial Services (HDFS), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Harley-Davidson, Inc., offers a wide range of financial products and services to motorcycle enthusiasts and Harley-Davidson dealerships. Products available to consumers include financing on motorcycles, MotorClothes™, and parts and accessories; cycle insurance; and extended service plans for Harley-Davidson® motorcycles.
We need people who wake up every day with a passion for customers and who come to work with the creativity and drive to make amazing things happen. This isn’t just any company. And yours isn’t just any career. It’s part of your story. Write it with us and make it legendary.
HDFS’ Carson City, Nevada office serves as one of the Company's two operations centers. It’s where HDFS first established its roots in 1992. It is also home to Eaglemark Savings Bank, the Company’s lending institution, where all loans are funded. Carson City employees represent the loan origination and servicing business units including Collections, Funding, Underwriting, Dealer Services, and HDFS’ Cycle Insurance business unit. There are also employees who work in Accounting, Legal, Global Information Services, Risk, Enterprise Project Management, and Compliance who call this office home. Join our team as aDirector of Operational Accounting.
This position manages the operational general ledger accounting department and governs the integrity of the accounting system and its internal controls. The control system should provide effective and efficient operations, reliable financial reporting and compliance with laws and regulations.
- Maintains a current awareness and understanding of appropriate banking laws, regulations, internal policies and procedures, and complies fully with those laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Monitors, provides reporting on, and ensures compliance with banking laws and regulations.
- Establishes monitors and enforces internal controls.
- Ensures compliance with Cap-X, T&E, and spending policies.
- Ensures compliance with 1099 reporting requirements.
- Coordinates Sarbanes Oxley testing and ensures controls are appropriate.
- Develops and implements accounting systems and controls surrounding accounts payable, customer receivables, and other financial areas.
- Interacts with internal and external auditors for year-end and other reviews.
- Manages the operational accounting staff including hiring, performance reviews and disciplinary action, when appropriate.
- Provides guidance to divisional managers/directors in financial issues as they relate to operations
- Responsible for protecting employees, customers and corporate information. Follows established physical, electronic and procedural safeguards, including policies regarding data protection, segregation of duties, use of passwords, and access to information based solely on business need. In addition, any company-proprietary information (including but not limited to customer information) may not be transferred or transported outside of HDFS by employees upon leaving the company.
Maintenance of Accounting Records and Reporting:
- Oversees daily balancing of accounting activity.
- Responsible for the completion of appropriate journal entries and reconciliations.
- Performs the monthly accounting close.
- Assists in the preparation of HDFS related disclosure in Annual Reports, 10-Q, 10-K and proxy statement.
- Coordinates the preparation of the Eaglemark Savings Bank financials.
- Assists corporate office in the development of annual and quarterly adjusted budgets.
- Performs other duties as are assigned, including special projects and miscellaneous tasks.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending training, establishing personal networks, and participation in professional societies.
- Protection of information and compliance with the law are paramount. Protecting employee, customer and corporate information is everyone's responsibility at Eaglemark Savings Bank. All employees must follow established safeguards, including policies regarding data protection, segregation of duties, and access to information based solely on business need. Further, it is the responsibility of all employees to maintain awareness and understanding of relevant laws, regulations, internal policies and procedures, and to comply with all of them.
Bachelor's Degree Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- CPA designation preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in Accounting
- Banking industry experience required
- SEC reporting preferred.
- Extensive management experience with professional and clerical staff.
- Public accounting experience preferred.
- Competencies (Skills & Abilities)
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Displays independent judgment and problem solving skills, and the ability to work with others at a variety of skills levels.
- Ability to motivate and lead others.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of management.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Ability to define roles and responsibilities and delegate effectively.
- Effective use of technology.
- Motivated to achieve performance measurements and development goals.
- Demonstrated ability to take the initiative and achieve results in a fast-paced and changing environment.
At Harley-Davidson it is not just about the degree you have or what you know. You must also exhibit and demonstrate our valued behaviors in everything you do:
- Be accountable
- Model Integrity
- Value Individuality and Diversity
- Inspire Teamwork
- Encourage Creativity
We offer an inclusive compensation package for all full-time employees including, but not limited to, bonus programs, health insurance benefits, a 401k program, onsite fitness centers, employee discounts on products and accessories, and more. We believe that employees do their best work when they are free to be themselves. This means our dress code is relaxed, and all types of work styles are welcomed.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Direct Reports: Yes
Travel Required: 10 - 25%
Visa Sponsorship: This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship
Relocation: This position is eligible for domestic relocation assistance (within posted country)