Chief Financial Officer Job Opening
Chief Financial Officer
Carson-Tahoe Regional Healthcare• Carson City, Nevada
About Carson Tahoe Health
Carson Tahoe Health (CTH) is a not-for-profit healthcare system with 240 licensed acute care beds. Serving a population of over 250,000, CTH features two hospitals, two urgent cares, an emergent care center, outpatient services and a provider network with 21 regional locations. Voted 5th most beautiful hospital in the nation being headquartered on a beautiful master planned 80-acre medical campus, nestled among the foothills of the Sierra Nevada in North Carson City.
Carson Tahoe Health is fully accredited by the Center for Improvement in Healthcare Quality (CIHQ) and an affiliate of the University of Utah. Carson Tahoe Regional Medical Center is one of the highest rated hospitals in Northern Nevada, recently achieving a 4-star rating from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) is an executive level management position of Carson Tahoe Health providing the management, strategic planning, and financial reporting / analysis expertise required for the organization's operating budget. The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) is responsible for the overall financial policy direction and review to the organization, consistent with its short and long-range business and financial objectives.
Implementing - Responsible for evaluation & negotiation of Commercial & HMO/PPO Insurance contracts displaying understanding of reimbursement issues & financial impact.
Planning - Works with the President & Board of Hospital Trustees in the organization's strategic planning process. Helps develop strategic plans & targets for the financial affairs of CTH based on assessments, it's environment & structure.
Organizing - Directs the preparation of financial reports, assuring financial statements are ready for distribution.
Controlling - Ensures that the operating expenses for the departments with the Financial division are maintained within the established guideline by monitoring monthly financial statements & recommending changes in a timely manner.
Leadership - Provides administrative direction to Finance and Accounting, Patient Financial Services, Health Information Management (Medical Records), Materials Management, Information Technology Services, and Case Management through subordinate Managers and Directors, guiding the development of goals, objectives, standards of performance, policies and procedures, and budgets for the aforementioned areas. Responsible for the integration of the departments/services into the primary functions of the organization.
Management - Maintains professional affiliations to enhance professional growth & currency in field. Maintains appropriate professional affiliations with the Nevada Association of Hospitals & Healthcare Systems.
- Master’s degree in accounting or business related field preferred
- C.P.A. (Certified Public Accountant), preferred.
- Requires at least 10 years’ management experience in the health care financial field in order to carry out the listed responsibilities with confidence and credibility.
- Knowledge of data base and accounting computer application systems to supply the most accurate financial information.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
Top Reasons to Live in Carson City, Nevada
- Live, work and play in one of the most beautiful regions in the world
- Enjoy an array of outdoor activities world class skiing, golf, camping, mountain biking, hiking, water skiing, kayaking, hunting and fishing
- Just next door is Beautiful Lake Tahoe
- We are minutes from Reno known as the 'biggest little city in the world' – Fine dining, nightlife, shopping and home to the University of Nevada Reno.
- Family friendly atmosphere with affordable housing & excellent school system
- No State Income Tax