Controller Job Opening
Hutchinson Regional Healthcare System• Hutchinson, Kansas
Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
- Plans, coordinates, and controls the daily financial operation of the organization through the organization's managers.
- Devises and implements financial policies and plans in collaboration with the CFO.
- Dispenses advice, guidance, direction, and authorization to carry out major plans, standards and procedures, consistent with established policies and CFO approval.
- Reviews, analyzes and interprets financial and statistical data for others.
- Understands laws, regulations and third party payer requirements. Provides oversight to assure that the Hospital is in full compliance with these rules.
- Provides leadership, supervision, guidance and development for staff, articulating and demonstrating an expectation for continuous quality improvement, as well as continually supporting and exhibiting company values and service standards. Identifies and provides growth opportunities for staff.
- Ensures and fosters a high level of collaboration within a highly matrixed team environment in order to coordinate activities, review work, exchange information, and resolve problems. Champions, models, and promotes service excellence philosophies and behaviors at the facility and system levels to enhance the overall patient experience.
- Abides by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability privacy and security regulations regarding all aspects of Protected Health Information (PHI).
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED :
- Demonstrated skills in leadership, management, financial planning, quality improvement and service delivery.
- Extensive knowledge of health system financial programs, policies, procedures.
- Knowledge of TJC (The Joint Commission) standards as they relate to financial practices.
- Ability to maintain knowledge of changes in legislation affecting health system practices.
- Strong computer skills with ability to utilize various software.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
REQUIRED BEHAVIORAL SKILLS :
- A personal presence which is characterized by a sense of honesty and the willingness to do the right thing.
- The ability to role model, inspire and motivate others to promote the philosophy, mission, vision, goals and values of Hutchinson Regional Healthcare System
- A personal presence which is characterized by a sense of caring that is reflected in a high level of empathy and customer service with all that we come in contact.
- Ability to manage conflict, consider other points of view, and offer alternative solutions without jeopardizing overall project direction and the ability to manage customer expectations.
- Demonstrated track record of ownership of situations, projects and issues.
- Able to work autonomously and have a high degree of flexibility to adapt to changing projects, priorities and work volumes.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a diverse population.
- Treat all internal and external customers with a positive, proactive service orientation.
- Excellence :
- Strong communication and presentation skills with a proven ability to influence and lead teams to conclusion/decision making.
- Proven ability to think strategically but also must be able to lead day-to-day tactical processes.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and provide coaching and leadership on complex projects.
- Must be able to lead and/or facilitate process improvement.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with major in Accounting.
- Several years of controller, reimbursement, financial analysis/auditing, or similar experience.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Relevant public accounting or hospital experience.
- Certified Public Accountant.