Property Accountant Job Opening
Peak Living• Pleasant Grove, Utah
Peak Living LLC is currently seeking qualified Property Accountants. Qualified candidates should forward resumes in PDF or Word formats.
Under the direction of the Controller, the Property Accountant supports and assists all aspects of community financials.
Non-exempt - Hourly
Typical range of hours is based on the company needs. Full Time: 5 days per week, 8 hours per day. (minimum of 32 hours, average 40 hours).
Knowledge / Skills / Ability
- Capacity to learn new software programs including YARDI Property Management software
- Microsoft Word & Excel
- Microsoft Internet Explorer or Google Chrome
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong interpersonal and team skills
- Troubleshooting and analytical skills
- The ability to work independently
- Excellent written and verbal business communication
- Knowledge of Real Estate Databases, transaction processes, including review of contracts
- Knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with Accounting for Multifamily Housing
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degrees in Accounting or related field or equivalent experience
- YARDI Property Management software
Responsible for all accounting and financial reporting
- Reconcile accounts receivable, prepaid rents, and security deposits to trial balance
- Direct month-end closing
- Prepare monthly journal, financial statement preparation and bank reconciliations
- Maintain general ledger and review account details on a regular basis
- Review accounts payable and expenditures for proper expense classification
- Perform cash projections and forecasts
- Assist Property Managers with questions regarding tenant statement.
- Maintain a working knowledge of mortgage/escrow/draw agreements, Management Agreements and real estate tax and property insurance assessments to facilitate timely and accurate processing
- Prepare and submit capital expenditure reimbursements
- Prepare ownership distributions
- Special projects and other responsibilities as assigned
- Assist with annual financial audit
- Follow company policies and procedures
- Regular, on-time attendance
Peak Living LLC offers a competitive compensation package, health, vision, dental and life insurance and discounted rent program.