Financial Analyst Job Opening
Xero• Denver, Colorado
Small business makes the world go round – it’s the heart of the global economy. At Xero we want millions of small businesses to thrive through beautiful software, advice and connections. We aim to make being a small business more efficient and profitable, and more enjoyable too.
How you’ll make an impact
We are looking for a Finance and Accounting ninja that will play a critical and visible role through proactive ownership of the daily financial activities for Xero in the US. You will hold broad ownership over our consolidated P&L budgeting, variance reporting and forecasting processes. You will work to help us understand our historical financial performance and maintain a rolling forward outlook. In this role you will interact with a broad range of leaders and become a critical partner to them as you advise them on their financial matters.
To succeed in this position you should have a solid foundation of accounting and finance expertise, the ability to investigate and communicate variances, a passion for building accurate forecasts, and you really do need to know your way around Excel.
In addition to these “technical” skills you should have an innate drive that makes you take a great deal of pride in your work.
Most importantly, you MUST have a service perspective. This role exists to help others and so your success needs to be measured by their successes.
And finally, please have a great sense of humor!
What you’ll do
- Financial Planning: Manage the consolidated budget/forecast model and supporting processes for the Americas Business unit within Xero. (you pull together the Big Picture)
- Management Accounting: Work closely with the Accounting team in New Zealand to ensure Americas related expenses are properly recorded, including assisting with accruals and reviewing the soft close for needed corrections
- P&L Review: Drive the monthly P&L review process that includes leveraging data from the company’s GL system and partnering with budget owners to understand the root cause of variances
- Reporting: Author daily, weekly monthly and quarterly financial and KPI reporting that will be used by the US executive and international, global headquarters teams
- Advising: You will work closely with a broad range of senior leaders as you assist them with all things finance related
- Tax Compliance: Support the tax team as required with all tax filings, including income & franchise taxes, sales & use tax, property tax, employer tax and any other matters that may arise
- Support the Global Treasury team with US related banking requirements, including preparing and signing checks
- Other compliance: Ensure compliance with other regulatory bodies and requirements, including coordination with Global HQ and external parties
Success looks like
- Regularly demonstrating Xero’s core values
- Maintaining a highly accurate rolling outlook on the Americas business
- Research and provide a clear understanding as to the root cause of any unexpected results
- Successful relationships at all levels across the business
- Ability to provide timely and accurate financial advice
- Appropriate reporting provided to Global HQ
- Contribution to the management of the US compliance obligations for Xero
- Ability and desire to assist in broader areas as required
- When those you advise are successful
What you’ll bring with you
- Incredibly detail oriented
- Solid accounting and finance background
- Strong analytical capability
- Excellent ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Strong effective interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Ability to weave a sense of humor and fun into your work life
- 5+ years of progressive experience in Finance or Accounting
- Passionate about delivering world-class level work, every day
- Experience with cloud-based financial platforms, familiarity with Netsuite and Adaptive Insights is an advantage
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA and/or Big 4 Experience a plus
Helping us find you
To give you a chance to stand out from other applicants and for us to begin getting to know you, we have a request for you. In your cover letter please briefly describe one accomplishment in your current role that you're truly proud of. The intent of this request is to help us see beyond your resume and a formal cover letter and get a sense of who you are and what drives you.
Xero is an Equal Opportunity Employer.