Assistant Store Manager Job Opening
Assistant Store Manager
Foodland• Scottsboro, Alabama
Position Summary: The primary function of an Assistant Manager is to manage all store operations under guidance from the store manager and to learn the skills necessary to become an effective Store Manager.
General Purpose: To assist the Store Manager in the everyday operations of the store with the goal of being promoted to a store management position.
- Perform all store managerial duties in the absence of the store manager.
- Make sure that customer service expectation standards are communicated and carried out by all store personnel.
- Be responsible for duties associated with closing and opening the store.
- Assisting personnel in handling accounting aspects of daily operations.
- Help in the responsibilities associated with hiring and discipline of store employees.
- Assists in the ordering of merchandise and aspects of inventory control.
- Be familiar with store cleanliness standards and make sure standards are met.
- All other duties as directed by the store manager.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- A high school diploma or GED is required. Assistant Managers must possess strong written and verbal communication skills, basic math skills, basic computer operation skills, as well as the ability to comprehend and interpret basic business-related reports.
- Assistant Managers should possess the ability and willingness to lead and direct others, be able to identify performance gaps and coach employees through a problem solving process. Assistant Managers must be able to control their emotions and strive to treat all employees with respect and fairness.
- Assistant Managers must have a strong willingness to learn all aspects of store operations with the goal of one day becoming an effective store manager.
Physical Demands and Environment: The position of Assistant Manager requires standing or walking during the majority of the time. Occasional lifting up to 50lbs is required. Assistant Managers should be physically able to perform all jobs/tasks associated with all aspects of store operations.
The majority of tasks will be performed within the confines of the store, with some tasks being outdoors and in temperature controlled rooms within the store.
General Expectations: Assistant Managers should consider themselves as direct representatives of the Company and should let all their actions and behaviors reflect this fact both on and off the job. Assistant managers are expected to be honest and forthright concerning all aspects of assigned responsibilities including dealings with management, all store personnel, vendors, and customers.
- Promote customer service in all aspects of store operations.
- Possess a strong desire to learn all aspects of store management.
- Assistant Mangers are expected to be knowledgeable and to enforce all Company policies and procedures.
- Treat subordinates with respect, fairness, and dignity.
- Promote and create an environment where customer service, the welfare of employees, and profitability are priorities in the spirit of the Company’s Mission Statement.
Address: 1402 County Park Rd Scottsboro, AL - 35769
Property Description: Scottsboro Foodland
Property Number: 365