Assistant Controller Job Opening
Rocky Vista University• Parker, Colorado
Category: Accounting Manager
Rocky Vista University in Parker, CO is conducting a search for an
To be considered for this position applicants should submit a letter of interest, resume and salary requirement.
PRIMARY PURPOSE: The Assistant Controller is responsible for assisting in the effective and efficient operation of the accounting department to ensure the timely recording of all transactions across multiple campus locations and accurate consolidated financial reporting.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Oversees accounts receivable, accounts payable, and general ledger accounting functions ensuring transactions are in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Supervise accounting staff including review of journal entries, cash receipt entries, account reconciliations, and other deliverables prepared by accounting staff across multiple campuses.
- Approve all invoice and payment requests for accounts payable processing.
- Prepare and review account reconciliations.
- Preparation of the monthly consolidated balance sheet, income statement, and cash flow statement, and other financial reports for management.
- Administration of the business office modules within Jenzabar (ERP) to include: assisting in the testing of planned upgrades and recommending additions or changes to Jenzabar functionality. Assists in the training of others within the accounting department and proper utilization of Jenzabar.
- Assists in the development of written procedures for accounting functions that are consistent with approved University policies and conformance with GAAP.
- Works with the Controller to develop internal control systems and metrics to ensure that assets are properly safeguarded, transactions are properly recorded, and financial reporting is accurate and timely.
- Development of the annual and month-end closing processes and schedule.
- Prepares audit schedules and analysis required for the effective completion of the audit.
- Maintains fixed asset and depreciation accounting records for multiple campus locations.
- Cooperate with Student Financial Services to accurately run student charges and refund students timely and in accordance with applicable federal guidelines.
- Oversee the preparation and filing of IRS forms 1098T, 1099-Misc. and other required forms.
- Other duties as assigned by the Controller and the CFO.
- Complies with University policies, procedures, and administrative directives.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of accounts receivable, accounts payable, and general ledger accounting.
- Knowledge of GAAP.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural team-based setting.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- A minimum of five years of experience in accounting roles with increasing responsibility.
- Experience with mid-range accounting software.
- Master’s degree in Accounting and/or Certified Public Accountant.
- Public accounting experience.
- Supervisory experience.
Final applicant will be required to pass background check and drug screening.
RVU offers a full benefit package that includes 401(k), Health, Dental and Vision insurance, paid vacation, sick and holidays.
Rocky Vista University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.