Director of Internal Audit Job Opening
Director of Internal Audit
Adtran• Huntsville, Alabama
The Director of Internal Audit will be responsible for leading and developing internal audit personnel, overseeing audit planning processes (including scheduling and objectives) and collaborating with Senior Management team in order to identify risk areas.
- Prepare and lead the execution of a risk-based audit plan for evaluating the effectiveness of controls in place to manage significant risk exposures
- Coordinate the risk assessment process ensuring it is effective, collaborative and inclusive. Analyze the risk assessment results against the organization's strategic goals, financial impact, and the external environment to support the development of the annual risk-based audit plan.
- Identify, understand, and document processes and procedures surrounding internal controls
- Develop SOX test plans and coordinate the performance of management testing of internal controls with Senior Management
- Continuously monitor for changes in the organizational risk profile and/or operational environment and make recommendations to modify the annual plan and to accommodate management requests for additional audit and advisory work.
- Oversee completion of the Audit Plan. Approve audit & advisory project scoping. Evaluate the risk impact of control weaknesses identified including the identification of potential systemic issues. Be accountable for timely completion of projects.
- Working with the CFO to evaluate current processes / policies and improve or develop new processes that maximize information flow as well as provide greater assurance through internal controls and segregation of duties
- Schedule and assign Auditors and provide supervision of work
- Coordinate activities with External Auditors to support their audit and review procedures
- Manage and oversee the Auditor's performance and provide training and staff development
- Monitor and review the work of outside consultants engaged to perform audit projects.
- Supervise and execute special projects as needed
- Educate and enforce Information Security and Employee Training
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related Finance field is required.
- Advanced degree such as Master's in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, or related field preferred.
- Certified Internal Auditor CIA, CISA or CPA required
- 10+ years of Internal Audit experience within Public Accounting.
- 10+ years of experience managing audits, including risk assessment, planning, audit execution, issue/report writing, managing timelines, and management interaction.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Auditing practices, procedures, and principles.
- Highly knowledgably of GAAP, AICPA and/or IIA standards, as well as COSO, COBIT, and related frameworks.
- Extensive knowledge of Financial, Operational, Market, and Credit Risk.
- Knowledge of IFRS.
- Solid analytical, mathematical, negotiating, and research skills.
- Able to multitask efficiently and effectively.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills including Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, and PowerPoint is required.
- Intermediate skills with ERP systems and utility programs, with knowledge of flowcharting software preferred.
- Working knowledge of audit software preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strategic thinker with outstanding analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high pressure environment.
- Solid strategic thinking, business risk awareness, and appropriate judgment to use a risk-based approach in planning the audit focus.
- High level of personal integrity, and the ability to professionally handle confidential matters and exude the appropriate level of judgment and maturity
- Little travel is expected in this position.
- Communications - The applicant must be able to positively and professionally interact with all levels of Management, customers, outside vendors, and co-workers in order to create strong working relationships. Applicant must write and speak effectively, clearly, and concisely, listen to others, respond professionally to feedback, and ask questions to ensure understanding.
- Analytical Skills: The incumbent must possess ability to extract and organize data associated with technology, products/services, as well as financial data in order to present analysis information or to address management's questions. The incumbent should be able to anticipate problems, see how a problem and its solution will affect others, gather information prior to making decisions, weigh alternatives against objectives, and arrive at a reasonable solution.
- Leadership: The applicant must possess the ability to operate within long-term strategies as well as develop and motivate team to achieve long-term goals and business objectives. Applicant must be able to communicate goals, give appropriate direction, and resolve issues. The applicant must be able to carry out responsibilities in accordance with the ADTRAN's policies and applicable laws.
- Business Acumen: The applicant must be able to combine their ability to interpret financial statements with their ability to strategize and make decisions. The applicant must recognize how strategies and decisions affect the financial bottom line. The applicant must also utilize internal resources and assess the external business landscape in order to develop long-term and short-term business goals.
Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.A. without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status.
ADTRAN is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of all individuals. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disabilities, age, protected military or veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by federal, state or local laws.