Project Accountant Job Opening
Limbach Facility Services LLC• Pontiac, Michigan
The incumbent provides full accounting support to project teams by performing accounts receivable, accounts payable, and other cash management-related tasks and analysis.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Audits Work in Progress (WIP) schedules and forecasts cash flow for accuracy and projections.
- Enters manual estimates, finalizes project management imports, and completes job set-up information.
- Assists with preparing major project commitments and assembling project review packets.
- Enters commitments into Viewpoint, and clears all unused open commitments after proper confirmation.
- Participates in project and contract management by conducting performance analysis on a regular basis.
- Ensures all accounts payable departmental tasks are performed per Company guidelines, including coding, data entry, invoice verification, vendor reconciliation, payment, and communication with vendors.
- Produces timely and accurate billing for work, drives cash collection, and pursues open issue resolution.
- Executes job costing-related tasks, including creating jobs in the accounting database, reviewing paperwork for accuracy, inputting estimated costs, creating job files, and filing preliminary notices.
- Inputs change orders, project cost adjustments, and journal entries for project managers.
- Maintains appropriate Company confidentiality at all times.
- Protects the assets of the Company and ethically upholds the Corporate Code of Conduct in all situations.
- Cultivates and promotes the Hearts & Minds safety culture.
- Consistently exemplifies the Core Values of the Company (We Care, We Strive for Excellence, We Act with Integrity, We are Innovative, We are Competitive, and We are Accountable).
- This position operates primarily in a professional office environment, and routinely utilizes standard office equipment, such as computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets, and printers.
- In performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, perform repetitive motion, and possess an appropriate degree of both visual acuity and manual dexterity.
- This is considered a light work position, which means possible exertion of up to twenty (20) pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to ten (10) pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- This position may require up to 5% travel.
- Bachelor s Degree in Business, Accounting, or related field (or equivalent).
- 2-5 years of relevant, job-related experience.
- Foundational knowledge of accounting principles and practices.
- Intermediate level proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Excel and Word in particular).
- Must be organized, attentive to detail, and possess strong analytical skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate (both written and verbally) with diverse audiences.
- Capacity to produce results when working both independently and as a part of a team.
- Familiarity with Viewpoint accounting software.
- Previous experience in the construction industry.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. As a part of our commitment to equal employment opportunity, we also take affirmative action to recruit, hire, and advance qualified females, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.