Accounting Manager Job Opening
ITW• Troy, Ohio
Hobart Brothers Company, an Illinois Tool Works Company within the Welding Group, is a recognized leader in the manufacturing and distribution of welding consumables worldwide.
The Hobart Filler Metal division is part of ITW's North America Welding Industrial Platform with multiple locations and annual revenue of $180M. The group consists of 3 distinct segments – Throughput Matters, Critical Welds, and Commercial. This position will assist the Division Controller in various financial projects including Annual Plan and Long-Range Plan, and data analysis of key business metrics that drive management decisions based on facts and supporting data. This position will have oversight of the accounting functions and shared responsibility in financial reporting and compliance. This position will be based in Troy/Piqua, Ohio and reports to the Division Controller.
- This position is a key function within the Accounting Department. The Accounting Manager will work with the Division Controller to ensure accuracy of financial records and integrity of data shared with Management, supervise top 13 internal controls and compliance to ITW's policies and procedures and applicable laws.
- Partner with the Division Controller in planning, assigning and directing work in segments including projects in sourcing savings, working capital management, employee involvement and market facing strategies
- Trusted financial leader within operations partnering with key leadership team to proactively identify opportunities and solutions by leveraging the ITW toolbox
- Manage the monthly, quarterly and year-end financial closing process effectively and efficiently
- Responsible for managing Accounting team and develop a talent pipeline by motivating, inspiring and influencing direct reports and peers
- Manage day to day accounting functions including accounts payable, reconciliations, expense approval and reporting, capital justification, accounts receivable, and fixed assets monitoring
- Actively participate in establishing and maintaining inventory controls and tracking. Maintain the standard cost files in accordance with ITW policies/procedures. Coordinate the annual standard costing roll up
- Prepare accurate management reporting, month end analysis, and works with team to understand and communicate the results
- Manage and analyze variance analysis including sales, margin, conversion costs, and overhead
- Apply 80/20 thinking and sound judgement to reduce complexity and work with team to simplify processes. Monitor, report and drive toolbox projects
- Keep division leadership team informed of important developments, potential problems and related information necessary for effective management.
- Present an objective opinion as input for business decisions based on facts, data and analysis.
- Help other employees understand how their choices and decisions will impact the financials. Identifies, communicates, and trains others on key business drivers.
- Perform related work as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field plus a minimum three years of broad accounting experience. CPA and/or MBA designation is strongly preferred
- Detail oriented with strong problem solving, analytical and organizational skills
- Analytical, inquisitive and crisp in explaining the story behind the numbers. Strong ability to understand macro and micro trends and quickly discern inaccuracies
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (verbal/written) effectively with customers, suppliers and all employees as well as an ability to develop positive and productive peer relationships
- Experienced in the implementation and application of ITW toolbox tools, including the Front to Back Process preferred
- Must have a sharp sense of top priorities for the business, high motivation, personal accountability, coaching skills and effective listening skills
- Quickly learn and understand multiple jobs functions
- Ability to resolve issues/conflicts in timely manner
- Aggressive self-starter with the ability to work independently on projects with little direction
- ERP and Financial Reporting software experience preferred (APlus, Microsoft D365)
- Advanced MS Excel and PowerPoint skills, excellent knowledge of MS Word
- Expected travel is 10% to 15%
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including medical, dental, and vision insurance, life, short and long-term disability insurance, Holiday, and vacation pay, 401(k) with liberal matching funds, and educational reimbursement.
For more information on Hobart Brothers, please visit our web site at www.hobartbrothers.com.
If this is a description of your background and expertise, please send your resume and salary requirements to:
Apply to: Angel Johnson – Human Resources Manager
HOBART BROTHERS COMPANY
101 Trade Square East
Troy, OH 45373
Email: [email protected]
Hobart Brothers Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a Disability, or a protected Veteran and need assistance with this job posting, please inquire at [email protected]