Payroll Assistant Job Opening
Progress Rail Services Corp.• Albertville, Alabama
Auto req ID: 3990BR
Posting Title: Payroll Assistant
Job Category: Accounting/Finance
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
Responsible for processing multiple payroll tasks in a team environment.
Key Job Elements
- Process time records and payroll data for multiple facilities;
- Process both weekly and bi-weekly payroll in PeopleSoft payroll system;
- Maintain accurate employee earnings and tax withholding/payment records;
- Process Payroll checks/direct deposit data;
- Transmit tax deposits to multiple taxing authorities;
- Assist with the preparation of payroll-related tax returns;
- Provide payroll processing support to field locations;
- Process employee garnishments, child support and tax levies;
- Adhere to appropriate procedures to maintain compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements;
- Must be able and willing to work overtime as required.
Education / Training
- Related Associates' degree or commensurate experience related to payroll function;
- Payroll Certification is a plus.
Qualifications and Experience
- Experience with PeopleSoft, a plus;
- Proficient in Excel and other Microsoft Office applications required;
- Excellent math and analytical skills;
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills;
- Detail-oriented, sense of urgency, follow-through, and customer service oriented;
- Excellent time management skills, ability to prioritize and manage workload;
- Ability to multi-task and work within a team environment;
- Maintain confidentiality of payroll files and information.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
- Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities