ACCOUNTS PAYABLE & ASSISTANT BOOKKEEPER Job Opening
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE & ASSISTANT BOOKKEEPER
KOAM LLC• Opelika, Alabama
- Complete credit apps and paperwork to set up accounts with new vendors.
- Match incoming bills with purchase orders and delivery receipts.
- Check bills for accuracy and job costing information.
- Enter all payables into Quickbooks.
- Check bills against vendor statements and reconcile discrepancies.
- Review each bill to determine if appropriate tax rates have been charged.
- Keep records of Use Tax owed.
- Make payments by paper check or electronically.
- Maintain organized files of paid and unpaid bills.
- Collect, organize, and verify all credit card receipts.
Enter credit card charges in Quickbooks and reconcile credit card statements
- Assist in reconciling certain general ledger accounts.
- Maintain subcontractor payments and paperwork: W-9s, Certificates of Insurance, etc.
- Assist in monitoring cash flow status and bill payment schedules.
- Answer and route phone calls.
- Serve as office receptionist for infrequent walk-in traffic.
- Maintain adequate office supplies.
- Assist with special functions and other general office duties, as needed.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE FOR POSITION
- Proficient in Quickbooks, preferably Enterprise version.
- Prefer experience with Job Costing, Purchase Orders, Item Receipts, and Class Codes in Quickbooks.
- Prefer experience with account reconciliation in Quickbooks.
- Basic knowledge of General Ledger accounting, such as Profit/Loss, Balance Sheet, etc.
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Working knowledge of general office equipment.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 /hour
- Accounts Payable: 2 years (Required)
- Quickbooks: 2 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Opelika, AL 36801 (Preferred)
- United States (Required)