Accountant - Financial Reporting Job Opening
Accountant - Financial Reporting
University of Miami• Coral Gables, Florida
Where Excellence Meets Purpose
The University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.
With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful purpose to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.
The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
The University has been named on Forbes's Best Employers list for two consecutive years, and is the only university in Florida to receive this honor.
Responsible for timely and accurate preparation of bank reconciliation on a monthly basis, including research and journal entry preparation. Assist with audit requests on bank reconciliations, and other duties/special projects as assigned.
- Prepares monthly bank reconciliations for various University bank accounts
- Analyzes records of financial transactions to determine accuracy and completeness of bank related entries
- Researches and clears open items on bank reconciliations, with follow-through to completion to obtain resolution of open items
- Maintain open communications with all departments of the University to provide guidance and assistance regarding preparation of entries, research, Workday, and Bank of America questions, etc..
- Assists in the University's interim, year-end, and other miscellaneous (program-related) audits
- Maintains supervisor informed on a regular basis about the status of jobs assigned. Supervisor will prioritize jobs assigned as needed.
- Other duties or special projects as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products including Excel and Word
- Good coordination/organization skills
- Ability to complete assignments on a timely basis as prioritized by supervisor.
- Ability to work independently, as well as, work well with others to obtain necessary information
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle stress and work well under pressure
- Commitment to excellent customer service and positive teamwork
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion
Bachelor’s degree with major in accounting or related field, preferable. High school diploma with work experience noted below in lieu of bachelor's degree.
Minimum three (3) to five (5) years work experience in accounting including bank reconciliation process.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.
Job Status:Full time