Task Force General Manager Job Opening
Task Force General Manager
National Hospitality Services• Fargo, North Dakota
National Hospitality Services, (NHS) is a hotel management company dedicated to serving our guests, partners, owners, and employees an exceptional hotel experience. We accomplish this through a proven process that consistently delivers performance through disciplined Operations, Accounting/Finance and Human Resources. NHS is a Culture of Performance organization, merging mutual respect, love and affection for our guests, clients and employees with a passion for results where underperformance and excuses are not accepted.
The Task Force General Manager is responsible for serving as the acting General Manager of a multi-brand portfolio of NHS properties during times of transition. When not onsite at a property the Corporate General Manager will provide support to the Regional Directors and Vice President of Operations maximizing profits and achieving brand & company standards while providing leadership, direction and mentorship to the hotels.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist and fill in when possible as acting General Manager for transitioning properties. This may include a property that has recently had GM turnover while a permanent General Manager is being selected or properties that are transitioning to NHS managed properties.
- Assist in the coordination of the NHS transition team, ensuring coverage and support in critical areas are cared for when properties become managed by NHS.
- Assist with the pre-opening and pre-acquisition process of any property as directed.
- Assist in the training, coaching and support of employees and department heads of all NHS properties.
- Assist as a liaison between the properties and NHS, establishing and maintaining effective, positive relationships.
- Monitor quality assurance scores and guest feedback; communicate and train property employees accordingly.
- Provide training to new General Manager’s on various NHS strategies and tools including but not limited to Labor Tools, Business Planning and KPI’s.
- Complete projects and assignments by establishing objectives, determining priorities, managing time, gaining cooperation of others, monitoring progress, problem-solving and making adjustments to plans as needed.
- Maintain and advance job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations.
- Improve quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes, implementing changes when needed.
- Other actions/duties as specified by the Vice President of Operations.
Required Skills and Experience
- A minimum of five years’ experience as an Assistant General Manager or General Manager is required.
- Highly energetic and motivated individual.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a strong customer/client focus.
- Willing and able to travel extensively throughout the U.S. as business requires.
- Knowledge/Experience in Hotel Sales
- Self-Starter with ability to work independently and as a team.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high pressure environment.
- Ability to shift and manage multiple priorities.
- Results driven focus and ability to work through to completion in a timely manner.
- Adaptable to change.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products to include, but not limited to Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Outlook.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
Job Type: Full-time
- Hotel General Manager/Assistant General Manager: 5 years (Required)
- Task Force General Manager: 1 year (Preferred)
- 75% (Required)
- Multiple locations
- Remote/Work from home
- On the road