Accounting Manager Job Opening
Greater Nevada Credit Union• Carson City, Nevada
Greater Nevada Credit Union has an exciting opportunity for a Accounting Manager to join the team and help more people Live Greater!
The Accounting Manager will manage the daily activities of the accounting department and ensure timely and accurate preparation of finanicals, management reports and regulatory reports.
- Prepares and reviews financial reports, analyzes results, and presents findings and recommendations to senior management
- Demonstrated experience leading the operational aspects of the financial and operational reporting process
- Serves as the lead accounting contact person within the Credit Union for external auditors and regulatory examiners
- Promotes organizational efficiencies to improve quality and quantity of member service with accounting/finance related technology, enhanced employee productivity, and communication
- In-depth knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Three to five years recent experience in accounting/finance, as well as supervisory experience. Financial institution experience a plus
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting highly preferred
- Develop strong working relationships with other departments, staff, and vendors, as necessary
- Demonstrated excellent verbal/written communication and organizational skills