Director of Budgeting Analysis Job Opening
Director of Budgeting Analysis
Rocky Vista University• Parker, Colorado
Category: Finance Manager
Rocky Vista University in Parker, CO has an immediate opening for a
Director of Budget Analysis.
To be considered for this position applicants should submit a letter of interest, resume and salary requirement.
PRIMARY PURPOSE: Responsible for the overall budget planning and administration, financial modeling and forecasting, pro-forma business planning for university strategic initiatives across multiple campus locations. Responsibility includes account analysis, reconciliations, and schedule preparation using Excel spreadsheets and financial analysis software.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Budget development and monitoring for multiple programs/departments across campuses.
- Perform monthly detailed variance analyses comparing actual and budgeted financial performance.
- Prepare quarterly reporting packages, dashboards, financial analytics, and other internal reports.
- Communicate and explain detailed variance analyses to members of senior management, Deans, Directors, faculty program managers, and corporate office accounting / finance team members.
- Develop financial models (including the preparation of pro forma balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow statements) based on specified inputs and assumptions.
- Work directly with senior management, Deans, Directors, faculty program managers, and external sources on the creation and evaluation of internal financial models and forecasts that include future growth opportunities.
- Ensure compliance with financial reporting requirements set forth in debt agreements, regulations, etc.
- Analyze internal growth and acquisition opportunities and the marginal effects of such expansion on the revenue, income and cash flow generation on characteristics of existing businesses.
- Understand and stay current on emerging healthcare education trends and the implications for financial and strategic business development.
- Provide timely financial analysis and forecasts of university business alternatives, transaction processing, account analysis, reconciliations, and schedules using Excel and other spreadsheet programs.
- Participate and assist in the preparation of IPEDS, accreditation documents and processes, and similar reports.
- Compliance with University policies, procedures, administrative directives and other duties as assigned by the Controller and Chief Operating Officer/CFO.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural team-based setting.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance
- Budgeting and financial analysis experience.
- Strong accounting, quantitative, and financial skills are required.
- Experiencing with delivering effective financial analysis through the development and review of both internal and external data.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or Finance, and/or CPA.
- The ideal candidate will have 5 to 8 years of accumulated work experience, including experience in a corporate finance, management consulting, investment banking, or venture capital environment.
- Knowledge of enterprise valuation modeling and financial model development required.
- Candidates are expected to have excellent project management skills.
- Previous experience in business and financial analysis at an accredited university, health profession college or medical school preferred.
- Experience with Hyperion Financial Management preferred.
Final applicant will be required to pass background check and drug screening.
RVU offers a full benefit package that includes 401(k), Health, Dental and Vision insurance, paid vacation, sick and holidays.
Rocky Vista University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.