Tutor Specialist-Accounting Job Opening
The University of Mississippi• University, Mississippi
This position provides tutoring services for students to facilitate improvement in academic achievement within the subject area of Accounting. The incumbent develops and implements strategic study plans and objectives, monitors student development, and tracks overall progress.
Applications for this position will continue be accepted for on-going hiring needs until November 30, 2019. If you wish to be considered for this position after November 30, please submit a new application.
- Works with students to determine learning deficiencies.
- Formulates study plans to assist students with managing calendar schedules, homework, and classroom exams.
- Assists students in developing study skills.
- Monitors students’ progress by tracking objectives and goals.
- Ensures all assigned tasks are in compliance with University, SEC Conference, and NCAA guidelines.
- Communicates results with Academic Counselors and Learning Specialists. Informs Associate Director of Academic Support of any concerns.
- Establishes learning techniques and identifies areas for improvement.
- Performs similar or related duties as assigned or required
These essential functions include, but are not limited to, the following. Additional essential functions may be identified and included by the hiring department.
- Provides tutoring services for students in Accounting.
- Develops and implements strategic study plans.
- Monitors and tracks students’ progress.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
Related experience may be substituted for education, on a basis set forth and approved by the Department of Human Resources.
The University of Mississippi is committed to providing a safe campus community. UM conducts background investigations for applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history check.