Full Charge Bookkeeper Job Opening
Full Charge Bookkeeper
SFA|SFM• Albertville, Alabama
FULL CHARGE BOOKKEEPER
SMP SFM, LLC-Sand Mountain Park and Amphitheater
LOCATION: Albertville, AL
REPORTS TO: GENERAL MANAGER
STATUS: FULL-TIME (EXEMPT)
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Scheduled to open in 2020, Sand Mountain Park is a long-awaited project for Sand Mountain residents and beyond. The City of Albertville designated an existing 120-acre recreational site for comprehensive redevelopment. This updated development program will be designed to generate increased local sports participation and greatly expand tournament play. The Sports Complex, currently in the Construction Document Phase, will create an economic impact of over $120 Million a year and create over 1,200 job opportunities, which will generate labor income of $35 Million annually.
The Full Charge Bookkeeper is responsible for all bookkeeping functions related to Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll, and General Accounting including maintenance of the accounting systems, adherence to established policies and procedures, review of documentation for appropriate authorization, timely notification of any problems or concerns and superior customer service.
Job duties also include human resource functions that include new hire/term/LOA/benefits administration, maintenance of personnel files, payroll processor, and support for team members. This position requires the ability to move quickly from one task to another, perform quality work in a fast-moving, deadline-sensitive environment, and still present a calm, professional demeanor to both internal and external customers and vendors.
This is an important role in our organization that will require tact, diplomacy, and a professional approach to the job. Confidentiality is absolutely critical.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Primary responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
Bookkeeping Duties and Responsibilities
- Process payroll through the ADP platform Workforce Now.
- Perform monthly bookkeeping procedures such as bank reconciliations, credit card reconciliations, and billing customers
- Weekly and monthly financial reporting to the facility General Manager and Client.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying requirements; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing reports; advising management on needed actions
- Assist General Manager with budget preparation
- Pay bills and maintain ledgers
- Receive, approve, and/or decline client invoices
- Maintain General Ledger including journal entries & adjustments
- Responsible for monthly reconciliation of accounts
- Balancing a cash drawer and making bank deposits
- Complete any other special projects and daily assignments as directed by the General Manager
- An audit background is preferred
Human Resources Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist General Manager or Operations Manager in planning and conducting new team member orientation and onboarding
- Maintain and secure personnel files
- Ensure ADP is up-to-date by entering new hires, terminating team members timely, managing LOAs, managing PTO balances, and deducting elected benefits
- Facilitate annual open enrollments and assist benefit eligible new hires with the enrollment process
- Respond to inquiries from Team Members regarding policies, procedures and programs
- Work closely with SFM Human Resources Representative to make sure all personnel, state, and federal guidelines are met
Office Manager Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the office
- Responsible for managing office staff
- Keep a clean/professional working environment
- Maintain adequate stock of office supplies
- Manage office contracts with vendors and ensure W-9 and COI compliance
- Interact with/and coordinate personnel in the office
- Manage inbound/outbound mail, etc.
- Schedule business travel for personnel and clients, if necessary
- Prepare for all administrative meetings, i.e. office, owner, executive meetings, etc.
- Prepare memos, letters, reports, expense reports, faxing, PowerPoint presentations
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- An Associate's degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience, as well as a knowledge of bookkeeping and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Minimum of four years responsible with accounting or bookkeeping experience including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, general ledger, and financial reports are a must
- Proficient with QuickBooks Online Version
- Proficient with Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience in the Food Services, Hospitality, or Retail industry a plus
- Audit work history is a plus
- Strong professional communication skills including both verbal and written
- Well organized and thorough, with the ability to multi-task
- Team approach to task completion
- Maintain strict confidentiality of client, company and personnel information
- Appropriate business acumen while representing the company at all times
- Ability to operate a calculator, computer, and other general office equipment
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements of processing payroll accounting transactions and payroll returns.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and customer service skills
- Office setting
- At periodic times of the year are expected to work overtime, if necessary
- Due to the nature of the sports facility, the Full Charge Bookkeeper may be expected to work varied hours
- Working weekends and holidays due to large events
- Must be able to remain in a sitting stationary position for long periods of time