FINANCIAL SPECIALIST SENIOR - ATHLETICS Job Opening
FINANCIAL SPECIALIST SENIOR - ATHLETICS
University of Wisconsin System• Green Bay, Wisconsin
UW SYSTEM OFFICIAL TITLE: Financial Specialist Senior
POSTING DATE: May 14, 2019
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
This position reports to the Associate Athletics Director for Finance and Human Resources, and will oversee all aspects and daily operations of the ordering, receiving, distribution, and accounting for equipment and apparel purchases with the corporate sponsorship/Adidas contract for the Athletics Department. This position will also assist with the Athletics Department financial operations including, but not limited to, expense reimbursements, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and purchasing card processing.
This position includes the following responsibilities:
- Oversee ordering of all Adidas equipment/apparel for the department.
- Maintain inventory records for each sport/area in Athletics to determine on hand stock and needed items.
- Manage receipt of all Adidas equipment and distribution to respective teams.
- Track invoicing, returns, and total budgets of each team as it relates to Adidas equipment.
- Solicit verbal and written quotes and price lists from vendors in accordance with UW System procurement policies.
- Analyze, organize, and monitor space allocations for equipment storage needs.
- Assist with expense reimbursements, accounts receivable, and accounts payable.
- Assemble receipts and supporting documentation for purchasing card statements, review expenditures, and ensure proper account coding.
- Prepare deposits and assist in tracking revenue by category.
- Assist with compiling financial information for annual NCAA audit and various reports as requested by NCAA, Horizon League, etc.
- Assist with Leerfield tracking of sponsorships and trade agreement usage.
- Work with the Academic Supervisor on monitoring all bookstore textbook rentals and purchasing transactions as well as book returns and credits.
- Review application material submission for required documents within open positions in the Athletics department.
- Track recruitment and hiring paperwork requirement flow from initial post through accepted offer.
- Monitor temporary labor form end date and required follow up to close or extend assignments.
- Assist with purchase of promotional items, as requested by Athletics Marketing staff to promote UWGB Athletics.
- Oversee Athletics Department student workers to include hiring, scheduling work hours, and performance evaluations.