Assistant/Associate Professor of Accounting - Alabama A&M University Job Opening
Assistant/Associate Professor of Accounting - Alabama A&M University
Alabama A&M University• Normal, Alabama
This is a 9-month tenure-track faculty position in the Department of Accounting and fFnance in the field of accounting. The rank and tenure-status of position is negotiable based on qualifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach principles and advanced level courses in Accounting at the undergraduate and graduate levels as needed.
- Perform scholarly research leading to publications.
- Conduct student advising.
- Service on various committees and professional activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Position Requirements (including years of experience, certifications, licenses, etc.):
- A Ph.D. in Accounting or in a related field. ABD will be considered. Candidates with a Ph.D. in a related field should have completed at least 18 semester credit hours of graduate level accounting courses.
- College or university level teaching experience is preferred.
- Demonstration of scholarly contribution, such as, publication in refereed journal, conference presentation, etc.
- Research publications in refereed journals will be given preference.
CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
Alabama A&M University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Alabama A&M University encourages applications for employment from persons who are members of groups that have been underrepresented based on race, color, national origin, gender, age, or disability.