Assistant Controller Job Opening
Tarkett• Florence, Alabama
This position will be responsible for assisting the Plant Controller in the oversight of Tarkett’s general ledger and accounting operations of the Florence West facility. Individual will assume ownership of assigned duties, displaying initiative, analysis, and problem-solving skills, support the monthly closing, reporting and analysis of plant performance, provide timely, accurate value-added information to management which is critical to effective decision making, maintain and analyze standard costs, support all budgeting and forecasting requirements, and support an effective internal control environment. The position will report to the Plant Controller but is expected to provide broad support across the site including the Plant Manager and his leadership staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Resolve issues related to financial data and resolve critical issues as they develop, solving routine problems in a timely manner and complex problems with minimal guidance.
- Identify plant efficiencies and operational variance trends for improving profitability opportunities while working with Plant Leadership team on implementing corrective actions.
- Conducts analysis, provides data and reports on variances, monthly and semi-annual budgets, forecast, ledgers, and other information and follow up with operational personnel on corrective actions.
- Prepare detailed analyses on bridging actual financial results to Budget and PY Financial Results.
- Prepares and performs month end closing procedures for the Company ensuring compliance with Tarkett Group policies and procedures while promoting the adherence of company internal controls and compliance statement requirements.
- Assist with preparation of annual budget and perform monthly analysis around variances based on comparative budget to actual results.
- Gain a full understanding of Tarkett’s accounting functions which includes but is not limited to: product cost, cost structure pricing, inventory, key cost drivers and competitive advantages.
- Maintain and analyze standard costs linked to the annual budget as well as support developing new and revised standard product costs by analyzing changes in product design, raw materials, and manufacturing methods, to determine effects on costs.
- Support local performance improvement projects: WCM and other cost saving opportunities
- Understand and assist with maintaining the broad and complex WCM cost deployment model
- Support the financial analysis and justifications for capital projects
- Assist in preparing and supporting the monthly Key Performance Indicator (KPI) review process with Plant Leadership and Other Operational staff at Florence West Operations
- Provide ad hoc financial analysis for the Controller, Plant Manager, and Operational staff
Establish and maintain strong working relationships with management team
Other duties may be assigned
REQUIREMENTS (including educational requirements)
- BS/BA in Accounting or Finance; 3-5 years of experience, manufacturing experience is highly preferred
- CPA and/or MBA or Master’s level graduate degree a plus
- Proficient in management accounting, cost and inventory accounting and financial analysis
- Analytical and data driven
- Has the ability to multi task in a complex, fast paced environment
- Demonstrates a high customer service orientation
- Has effective interpersonal / relationship building skills; strong team player
- Demonstrates business acumen
- Innovative problem solver
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to effectively present information to an internal group.
- Results driven
- Strong systems aptitude - SAP experience is preferred
- Large ERP System experience such as SAP, JD Edward, Oracle, etc