Senior Revenue Accountant Job Opening
Senior Revenue Accountant
Cameron Communications - American Broadband• Sulphur, Louisiana
The Senior Revenue Accountant will be a key part of the general ledger and revenue accounting functions working cross-functionally with colleagues in Sales/Marketing/Customer Service, Network Operations, Regional Accounting Teams and various other departments across the Company to ensure proper accounting treatment and accurate financial results. This role will dive into all activities associated with revenue accounting, including month-end close activities, reporting and analytics, budget/forecast preparation, and providing operational support from a revenue standpoint. This postion has an important seat at the table with the CEO, CFO and the Senior Management team as it relates to new products, pricing, growth opportunities, and business model expansion.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for all revenue month end close activities; Prepare and review of journal entries for revenue and related accounts, schedules to support monthly close package, audit activities, etc.
- Responsible for ensuring accuracy, timeliness, compliance, and efficiency of revenue transactions.
- Review monthly financial statements, perform variance and fluctuation analysis, investigate differences, and communicate those findings as part of the monthly performance review process.
- Analyze revenue performance trends and analytics to identify risks and opportunities for improvements.
- Assist in the development of budgets and forecasts from a Revenue standpoint.
- Collaborate with Sales/Marketing/Customer Service, Network Operations, Regional Accounting Teams to provide analytical support for new product rollouts, promotional campaigns, large contract bids, and other special projects involving revenue or revenue analytics.
- System and Data Analysis: Work with internal and external partners to continue developing the company’s datawarehouse, particularly as it relates to billing information and customer analytics.
- Analyze and research revenue accounting matters, providing accurate and comprehensive documentation of issues identified and resolutions reached. Develop, implement and maintain desktop procedures for on-going revenue accounting activities.
- Perform technical revenue accounting analysis on new and existing business arrangements in accordance with ASC 606.
- Provide input for on-going development and improvement on systems and operational processes.
- Prepare ad hoc analysis, projects, and financial reporting as needed.
Knowledge, Abilities, & Skills for Success
- Proficient on a PC and with spreadsheet, word processing and accounting software.
- Accounting experience with an emphasis on Revenue Accounting, Budgets/Forecasts, and variance analytics.
- Proven ability to work independently, maintain strict confidentiality, and work accurately with detail.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and customer service skills is required, as well as eagerness to learn and take on challenges in a rapidly growing and dynamic environment.
- Strong collaborative approach and able to build effective relationships and lead cross-functional projects, as well as the ability to work with multiple levels of management across functions and geographies with minimal supervision.
- Strong analytical skills, efficient, self-motivated with the ability to follow through and implement process improvement.
- Accounting experience in the telecom industry, or a similar industry with a large installed customer base preferred.
Accounting/Finance Degree along with 7+ years’ experience in a senior accounting position required.
CPA certification or MBA, along with Public Accounting background, preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
- One location