Financial Accounting & Reporting Analyst Job Opening
Financial Accounting & Reporting Analyst
Cargill• Wayzata, Minnesota
Category: Financial Analyst
This Financial Accounting and Reporting Analyst position on the Accounting and Reporting team will support the Financial Accounting and Reporting Lead and serve as an accounting and finance partner to the NA FIBI business(s) in ensuring accuracy of the business financial statements, including balance sheet, profit and loss, and cash flows.
This role will work with the Financial Accounting and Reporting Lead to ensure proper financial controls are in place, and financial risks are mitigated appropriately. This role will also collaborate with other A&F teams, finance shared services and local leadership teams to support the business.
60% Financial Reporting & Partnering
- Assist the Financial Accounting and Reporting Lead in the preparation of accurate monthly financial reporting and financial statements, including balance sheet, profit and loss, and cash flows, that reflect the activities of the business.
- Support monthly reporting and business financial reviews.
- Build strong partnerships with business partners and collaborate on financial reconciliations and problem solving across various teams including COE’s., FSS/CBS locations, and across businesses.
20% Financial Controls
- Support and execute on controls framework initiatives rolled out by the Controls domain.
- Escalate control deficiencies to the Financial Reporting Lead and Controls Domain.
- Support internal and external audits and compliance reviews
- Support tax and compliance reporting for the business, including transfer pricing requirements
- Other financial control activities as needed
10% Continuous Improvement
- Support across business process (PRTP, OTSC, RTR) owners and providers to streamline processes and ensure accountability for accurate business financial statements.
- Leverage process and technology team to improve effectiveness and efficiency
10% Other Duties As Assigned
- Build capability and business knowledge with shared service partners
- Champion and support change management activities for finance activities and processes
If selected for an interview you will be required to submit your past two performance reviews.
This position is posted internally as well as externally.
The business will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 2 years of accounting experience
- Working experience with proficiency in Excel or other spreadsheet applications
Abilities / Success Factors
- CPA, MBA, or other advanced certificate or degree in finance/accounting
- Experience with shared service migrations
- Familiarity with SAP and other integrated business systems
- Corporate Audit, corporate reporting, or previous business experience, especially if with this business
- Attention to detail & deadline drive
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to clearly explain technical topics in a simple manner
- Holding others accountable
- Continuous Improvement focus
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and written, within multiple levels of the organization
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Primary Location US-MN-Wayzata
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job