Accounting Property Management Job Opening
Accounting Property Management
Western Products• Fargo, North Dakota
As an Accountant for Western Products & Affiliates, you’ll be part of the Accounting team involved in a diverse range of industries including home improvement, property management and manufacturing. This position focuses on our property management companies and will involve commercial and residential property management including all aspects of accounting for real estate, processing of accounts payable, reconciliation of general ledger accounts, bank reconciliations and preparation of quarterly and annual financial statements.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Preparing invoices for account coding and proper approvals, and ensuring vendor and amount accuracy.
- Preparing batches for review and approval by the Manager of Financial Reporting.
- Handling inquiries regarding payments and open invoices from vendors and managers.
- Maintaining depreciation, amortization, prepaid and other necessary ancillary schedules for properties.
- Preparing quarterly financial statements, and sending these to lenders and owners.
- Assisting the property team in continuing to grow for the future with all companies and properties
You’ll love this job if:
- You’re passionate about the role of accounting
- You’re attentive to detail and complete work accurately, professionally and on time
- You enjoy learning new things and sharing learned information with others
- You have great customer relations skills and handle interactions in a friendly, professional manner
- You’re able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- You demonstrate innovative and creative thinking
- You’re a team player and like to work in a fast-paced, diverse setting
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor of Accounting or related course work
- Experience with AppFolio Property Manager a plus
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Experience with Word
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Must be detail oriented, self-motivated and willing to take the initiative to get things done
- Strong sense of accountability – you consistently do what you say that you are going to do
- Take initiative to investigate and problem solve