Senior Accounts Payable Clerk Job Opening
Senior Accounts Payable Clerk
Dart Container• Mason, Michigan
Would you describe yourself as highly organized and detail oriented?
Are you always on the lookout for creative solutions and continuous process improvements?
Dart is looking for you!
As the Senior Accounting Clerk you will be responsible for the processing of accounts payable invoices in a high-volume environment while also having the opportunity to gain exposure in our Cash Applications group. This senior individual will ensure the quality of work of others as well as provide valuable support in the testing and implementation of new processes and procedures within our Accounting Operations team.
If you are curious, willing to learn and want to create positive change within an organization, then this position was designed for you.
- Entry and posting of standard and non-standard cash receipts into accounting software system
- Application of standard and non-standard customer deposits via lockboxes, ACH and live checks to customer accounts; coding deductions as needed for credit
- Work with accounts receivable and credit departments to reconcile deductions with checks and credit memos
- Research unidentified dollar amounts/payments and resolve them
- Prepare daily deposits done with ITMS scanner, and ensure appropriate GL Account Coding is applied
- Prepare cash deposits and ensure appropriate controls and coding is applied
- Data entry of standard and non-standard accounts payable invoices into the accounting software system
- Review and maintain Goods Receipt/Invoice Receipt balances, research issues and communicate with buyers to make necessary adjustments to purchase orders
- Verify general ledger account coding on non-PO invoices for accuracy and approval signatures prior to entry
- Verify outgoing checks for accuracy
- Validate MasterData for vendor payment terms and methods, addresses and banking information
- Maintain spreadsheets for logging of daily processing results
Core Skills and Qualifications:
The ideal candidate must possess all of the following:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two (2) years Accounts Payable (AP) clerk experience
- Experience resolving three way match discrepancies between purchase orders, goods receipts and invoices
- Experience with MS Word, Excel, and Outlook (or similar email product)
- MS Excel skills to include the ability to create and generate spreadsheets, formulas, such as vlookups, graphs and pivot tables
- Up to 5% domestic travel
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Six (6) months data entry experience
Overview: As the manufacturer of Dart® and Solo® brand products, Dart Container is an industry leading single-use food and beverage packaging company. With 15,000 employees and 40+ locations worldwide, Dart offers more than 4,000 products used every day in restaurants, hospitals, schools and homes around the globe.
Benefits: Dart Container full-time employees enjoy great benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) with company matching contributions, paid vacation, paid holidays, short-term disability, tuition assistance, product discounts and more.
If you experience difficulty applying online, you may call (800) 545-3278 Ext 3390 or email us at [email protected] for assistance.
Dart Container is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all candidates for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability and need an accommodation to access this website or for the application process, you should call Dart at (800) 545-3278 Ext 3370 or email us at [email protected] Relay calls can be made by dialing 711 or the relay number for your state.