VP, Finance Job Opening
CYREN• McLean, Virginia
The Vice President, Finance & Accounting will be a senior member of the Finance team that assists the CFO in managing all aspects of Cyren’s global Finance and Accounting teams. He/She will have overall responsibility for managing the ongoing financial reporting of Cyren, including timely preparation and filing of quarterly financial results and the associated finance and accounting policies, procedures and documentation required to operate as a NASDAQ-traded company. The position will report directly to the CFO and is intended to be the second-most senior Finance executive in the company; frequent interaction with CEO and other senior executives is expected.
- Manages a team of 5 accounting staff locally and 2 remotely in Israel; supervises Corporate Controller to coordinate consolidated reporting of foreign subsidiaries in Israel, Iceland, Germny and the United Kingdom.
- Works with CFO on expert and accurate preparation and the timely filing of SEC reporting including quarterly 10-Q and annual 10-K reporting and other regulatory filings.
- Serves as the main point of contact to external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual financial audit; supports CFO with communication and reporting to the Board’s Audit Committee.
- Manages relationships with external advisors and contractors including internal audit function, tax preparation and filing advisors, transfer pricing advisors, and legal and regulatory advisors.
- Works with external financial institutions (banks, credit cards, collections) to manage cash and credit balances.
- Is responsible for establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures, including Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX).
- Compiles with federal, state, and local legal requirements meeting all filing requirements and advising management on needed actions.
- Develops accounting procedures, tools, and automation to streamline and improve financial reporting; oversees the successful migration of the company’s ERP system from SAP Business One to NetSuite.
- Works with CFO and FP&A Analyst to manage budgets and periodic forecasts.
- Works with Sales and Legal to support customer contract negotiations, and has ultimate responsibility over financial and accounting aspects of customer contracts, including revenue recognition implications.
- Responsible for customer collections, managing the AR accounting team and working with Legal and Sales Operations.
- Works with HR and Legal to coordinate and administer equity compensation programs.
- Provides leadership to accounting staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees. Also responsible for ongoing performance management of the team.
- Minimum of 5-10 years of progressive experience for an international public company or top accounting firm.
- Detailed understanding of US GAAP accounting standards, including the latest pronouncements and requirements established by the PCAOB.
- Revenue recognition experience, ideally for a software company or subscription-based service company.
- Prior senior finance or accounting managerial experience (VP or Director-level) is highly desired.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Business Administration (or equivalent business experience).
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designations are required.
- Serves as the company’s most senior expert in Accounting; future career path to Chief Accounting Officer or Chief Financial Officer is a possibility.
- Experience in working in a global environment across multiple time zones and cultures, including Israeli companies.
- Excellent technical accounting, financial modeling, and spreadsheet skills.
- Prior experience using NetSuite or similar cloud-based ERP/accounting platform preferred, but not required.
- Exceptional work ethic, including willingness to work long hours or hold calls during off hours in order to coordinate with international schedules, as required.
- Ability and willingness for occasional international travel to Israel, Germany, or Iceland.